Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, so I'm getting ready to paint my DA army and I was thinking it would be cool if they were "Fallen" the DA who went renegade but not really chaos. So any ideas how to paint adn customize the look? Thanks for any ideas.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
slight problem with that though...all the fallen were launched through the warp over the galaxy so I don't think there is a such thing as a Fallen Army, secondly there isn't really any colour that they wear all the fallen I've read about weren't wearing their power armour anymore

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you want to do Fallen Warbands, try to avoid Imperial Iconography. There are quite a lot of parts in a regular Space Marine sprue without eagles on it.

Then add the Fallen backpacks (GW online store has packs of 5), mix them in for good measure.

Oh, and as the Rolling Stones so aptly sang, all these years before: PAINT IT BLACK :D

I'm not going into the horrendous fluff-rape a full army of Fallen would be. To quote "Hot Shots":"It's like sleeping with your sister. Sure she's a great piece of tail, with a blouse full of goodies, but... it's just illegal."

·
Registered
257 Posts
All of the Fallen date back from the Heresy times... and at that time... the DA wore Black power armor. Hense... if you wish to make a Fallen army even though fluff wise it would never exist... Black would be your colour of choice.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
slight problem with that though...all the fallen were launched through the warp over the galaxy so I don't think there is a such thing as a Fallen Army, secondly there isn't really any colour that they wear all the fallen I've read about weren't wearing their power armour anymore
They are still out there in little warbands doing their thing. From what I have read about them, (which isn't that much to be honest) they have been hunted down and killed or captured and then tortured and killed by the Dark Angels, aligned with other renegade factions, slipped into the warp or have returned to a normal life on some backwater world trying to live as a regular human. Basically, they have been so far dispersed and killed off that none are really left. No reason not to do a nice little army of them!

By the way, black armor with maybe dark green highlights or trim, without any imperial, legion or chaos markings would be the correct way to represent them. Lots of hoods and cloaks and the old cypher model if you can find it would be the route to go I would suspect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts