Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
i have a big game this w/e with bragging rights up for the grabbing and i need help with my army list i have 3500 pts orks 40k and i need to choose a 1500 pts army to beat chaos badly.

so can anyone help a fellow greenskin out with tips and tatics
thanks guys u gotta love this game

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Get in fast and chop 'em up is my advice. Orks are never gonna beat anyone in a firefight, especially not guys in power armour, and even though Chaos SMs can be combat monsters, well, so can orks.

Trukks. Battlewagons. That sort of thing. Fast(ish) moving units to get your boyz from one side of the table to the other pretty sharp. Maybe stormboyz if you've got 'em. Anything to stop you dying under the withering hail of bolter and heavy-weapons fire (so you can die under chain-axes instead).

Meks with force-fields are an idea, maybe with burna boyz. They can increase your overall survival rate while plodding through open ground.

Anything you take, take lots of. Don't take 3 big shootaz, take 20 if you can. Same with rokkits. Probly not burnaz though.

I've always been a fan of the grotscreen, if you are too, use it now before it's nerfed out of existence in 6 weeks (or however long) - it may be the last time you use it in a while...

Rely on the fact that you'll almost certainly be significantly outnumbering your enemy. Swamp him - he can't kill everything before it reaches him.

May Gork and Mork be with you...

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Yeah I aggree with the above poster.. Swamp him.. the only thing scary about an Ork army is how large it can get. Swamp him in HtH combat.. reduce his AS now will you still can with your Choppas. I would forgo any shooting models with the exception of Burnas as they work in HtH.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
it also depends on what marks he's taken. i mean sure swamping hims a good idea, until you find out hes khorne (+1 attack) or slaanesh (+1 intiative) or even nurgle (+1 toughness)

any of these would make him that much harder to kill. i would watch out for the khorne because they will inflict a lot more damage.

other than that i cant offer much advice as i am not an ork player but infact a chaos player :grin:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys
so just swamp them and alot of hand to hand combat and what about mega armour hq or a looted landraider cause it has worked for me other times

and if anyone is lookin to SELL orks in fantasy or 40k and live in aus i needed them bad

thanks guys for the advice its great

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Generally, Marines pack plenty of high strength weaponry, but don't have very many shots with them. A Land Raider makes a pretty easy and tempting target, while a handfull of trucks makes his shooting phase a nightmare of target priority. Swamp him with as much as you can as fast as you can. Any supporting fire on the would be great, but don't slow down just to get off a few extra shots that 'might' take down one or two Marines when you can get there faster and take down the whole lot!

·
Registered
598 Posts
like most of the posters before, i agree and suggestion with swamping him, and preventing from using his effective firepower. Aim on getting there first, but remember to use some heavy to snag some wounds off the bigger guys first! good luck with the battle too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts