Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm writing fanfiction story based on Wrath and Eightscarred Daemonkin assaulting Tau colony of Shau'Nesh so I wonder if there are any synonyms besides " madmen? " Do Tau list them under maddened Gue'vesa or what? Thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm writing fanfiction story based on Wrath and Eightscarred Daemonkin assaulting Tau colony of Shau'Nesh so I wonder if there are any synonyms besides " madmen? " Do Tau list them under maddened Gue'vesa or what? Thanks
I might be wrong, but I was under the impression that Gue'vesa was just a term for humans that joined the Tau.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Gue'vesa are humans that joined the Tau or are the descents of the guardsmen that joined and are automatically citizens. Am pretty sure they all rights as everyone else within reason.

I've never read or seen how the Tau classify Chaos and corrupted Astartes however

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isn't Gue'vesa just a general term for human soldiers?.. Hm, i could be wrong as you guys pointed out. In any case, if I remember correctly from DOW games, Tau refered to Chaos as " madmen " so I guess stuff like barbarians/savages could fly.

The clusterfuck of a headache that Tau get when they fight something they don't understand was always amusing to me, like when ShadowSun sees an astartes psyker in Damocles collection and is like " wut where da fuck is he pulling that lightning from. "

Should make for a good story.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Hmmm interesting question. I think the other too are correct Gue'vesa is the term for humans in service to the tau. Either frendliy enough for their use of part of a castrated opressed society the tau have taken over. I always remember to old comics on BOLS fat anime nerd who worship the tau in this new age.

As to how to refer to them, i supose madman[B/] works or you could just use men[B/] or human[B/]. They do understand the different species the codexs and other fluff demonstrate that much maybe look though some of the lore on them further. Such as the mighty "Firewarrior" or some of the books such as "shadowsun".

Thats all i've got.

·
Registered
364 Posts
In my recent story, the Tau refer to them as Gue'la renegades. Gue'la is the catch-all for humans, and they understand enough to realize that Chaos warbands aren't on the same side as the core Imperial military.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In my recent story, the Tau refer to them as Gue'la renegades. Gue'la is the catch-all for humans, and they understand enough to realize that Chaos warbands aren't on the same side as the core Imperial military.
Alright, that works for me. I'll check out your story!

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Tau names are just a bunch of syllables joined by apostrophes with an overly-long English meaning attached to them (see the Warlord Traits - Exemplar of the Selfless Cause etc.), such as 'Shovah' meaning 'Far-sighted' with the O' being rank, Vior'la being Sept etc. in O'Shovah's overly long name. The meaning is often stated at the start of the text/story, and from thenceforth referred to by the Tau nomenclature. Tau don't really get Chaos, so you've got free reign to make up what you like really.

For each God, you could go with something like this; At'ra'kyth ('They Who Have Frowny Faces'), Bu'bog'ra ('He Who Smells Of A Card Game Tournament'), Sa'sell'rya ('They Who May Not Be Mentioned In Front Of Children') and Tzel'kra'nath ('He With The Pointy Hat And Big Sleeves').

Oh, and you might want to make the Tau names coincidentally-similar to the actual names of the Chaos Gods, to represent how Chaos is insidiously within the very fabric of the universe and even a Chaos ignorant race like Tau end up subconsciously knowing the names and symbols.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
For each God, you could go with something like this; At'ra'kyth ('They Who Have Frowny Faces'), Bu'bog'ra ('He Who Smells Of A Card Game Tournament'), Sa'sell'rya ('They Who May Not Be Mentioned In Front Of Children') and Tzel'kra'nath ('He With The Pointy Hat And Sleeves Like Your Mother's Forehead').
Where did you pull these from? This is amazing!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts