• entire armies

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • models from multiple armies, games systems and companies

Votes: 23 31.9%
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Back in my teens I had more time than money, and I just did very basic paint schemes, so I finished painting every single model I had. Since restarting a couple of years ago I have more money than time and I spend a lot longer on each model, so I doubt I'll ever finish painting everything! My worst offender is a hundred-odd Vampire Counts models of which I've painted three skeletons. Focussing on my CSM at the moment, and I'm getting through them.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Back in my teens I had more time than money, and I just did very basic paint schemes, so I finished painting every single model I had. Since restarting a couple of years ago I have more money than time and I spend a lot longer on each model
indeed, I have had a similar experience.
I used to do 10 times what I do now,
however what I end up with now looks amazing, as opposed to "ok"

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
even when i take my time painting my models there still only mediocre at most, i spend like a week on a 5 man squad
it's all practise, for years mine were oki"sh", ok, not bad, nice, etc

now when I finish a model I have to hide it away to stop people crying from the beauty of the thing.

It gets a bit frustrating when you're attempting to start a game and every else is standing there for a few hours in shock and awe

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I've just remembered that amongst the many unpainted figures I've got hanging around, I've still got some Space Orks from my first boxed set with just an undercoat. And they're twenty-odd years old from when they first came out! HA HA HA HA HA...

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a lot of painted miniatures including over 400 guardsmen, however if I painted 1 model a day for the rest of my life I strongly suspect I would die of old age before I finished painting everything I have

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've got around 8 models, all GKPA. Then again I'm a beginer and probably will buy some more after I finish them. Painting however for me takes forever, I don't mind but I'm little bit impatient.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
It really depends on whether you include the massive box of unpainted stuff lying around waiting to be included in an army or painted just because I'm bored.
Marines, 5 tactical marines to finish my 3k
Adeptus mech, 8 techguard. to finish 1500
Chaos, finished. 2k
Eldar about 4 squads. from 3k

Loads of fantasy stuff but most of my actual armies are almost finished although my Empire stuff needs redoing.

·
Registered
765 Posts
About 100 ork boys, 5 deffcoptas, 2 warbosses, big mek, 15 nobz and 2 trukks.

And about 1500 points of an empire army about half of which is broken because I sat on it.

Odds and ends of a CSM which is lying in pieces all over the place.

Truth be told I painted about 150 tyranid models during my first year in the hobby, since then I've painted about 50 :(

·
Registered
491 Posts
Kharn the Betrayer (not for long!)
2 Obliterators
5 Possessed CSM (That are primed but likely never getting painted unless the next codex is -really- good)
3 Rhinos
1 Chaos Land Raider

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I am fortunate enough that I have only little money to spend on hobby (damn you crappy job and expensive insurance) so I buy about 250 points worth of stuff every 3 months. In fact all I have to paint before September (Birthday month so more to spend here :grin: ) is a half painted farseer and 3 pathfinders.

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
I've set myself a rule, i will never field an unpainted model on the battlefield. If this means that i get to the day of battle and don't have minimum squad requirements for a unit the unit will have to miss the game.
Furthermore unpainted mini's don't get to sit with the rest of the army, they have to live on the shelf of shame until they are painted. Only then are they display worthy.

It's harsh but it means that despite my loving converting, gaming and disliking painting i still have a pretty big ratio of painted to unpainted. There wuill always be more to paint but as long as i get around to them before i take them to batlte it's all good in the hood.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I try and do the same thing. I have 10000 pts of guard and 6000pts of chaos finished but i am allways finding more models to do.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
you'd never know, you've never played me, and although I'm not the best since I don't copy paste lists off forums and play like a twat, I'm not terrible.
Hey now, I help build some of those lists, at least for the wolf lists, and I don't play like a twat..... I play like an American. Iow, "if you ain't first, you're last."

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've just remembered that amongst the many unpainted figures I've got hanging around, I've still got some Space Orks from my first boxed set with just an undercoat. And they're twenty-odd years old from when they first came out! HA HA HA HA HA...
I will mind battle you for those Space Orks!

I am always trying to get my hands on some old minatures. I have six or seven techmarines from the second edition like the early eighties or something. Those I have sprayed a primer white and plan on making some sort of use of them here soon

41 - 56 of 56 Posts