• entire armies

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • models from multiple armies, games systems and companies

Votes: 23 31.9%
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
While I was packing up my room to move =( , I discovered that for some reason I have 128 unpainted genestealers and 94 unpainted assorted gaunts, I have a (mostly)painted 3000 point tyranid army including max numbers of both genestealers and guants.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
While I was packing up my room to move =( , I discovered that for some reason I have 128 unpainted genestealers and 94 unpainted assorted gaunts, I have a (mostly)painted 3000 point tyranid army including max numbers of both genestealers and guants.
wow... I guess thats kind of epic...

·
Premium Member
6,544 Posts
I don't really have unpainted models, either. The only ones I've got that are unpainted right now are ones that I'm waiting on some bitz to finish putting together. But that's unusual for me-- I'm a painting machine. All my armies are fully painted, and then there are random odds and ends that I've accumulated over the years that are also all fully painted.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
im envious of you the son of horus as i never seem to have enough motivation to paint, and when i do it doesnt last long
Same here, and now I found my three unpainted Deff Coptas and five Chaos Space Marines, and a IG tank crew member that I put onto a spare base..

I am thinking about burning the damn heretics...:ireful2:

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
My IG Army has 70 Vehicles and 109 Infantry...every vehicle is fully painted, and all my Infantry was painted up until 2 weeks ago, but I'm replacing my standard Guardsmen (Cadians) with Steel Legion ones, which are only primed at this stage.

My entire Death Wing/DA and DH armies are fully painted though, but my SOB's are only primed.. but I'm thinking of selling them anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts
I am a bad man, my whole army is part painted part assembled - however - I am finally getting on with it, starting with 1500pts of what I would normally play with - so firedragon painting will be the months task.

I am not sure if I envy those with completed painted armies or not, I rather like that I can look forward to it, but also I would really like to field something which isnt undercoat red, grey plastic and shiny metal!

·
Curiouser and Curiouser
803 Posts
What pulled me into 40k was primarily the gaming aspect, and to a lesser extent the modeling aspect of the game. I never care if my opponent's army is unpainted since absolutely NONE of my stuff is.

Will I get to it one day? Maybe. But it's simply not much of a priority right now.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
models from multiple armies, games systems and companies, but then I hate painting, I find it boring and tedious and it makes my back ache like a son of a bitch, its not fun or relaxing, its just a chore that I have to force myself to get done.

I used to enjoy it, but I guess I got disheartened from spending hours or days painting squads to have them wiped out on less than 5 seconds.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Loads of stuff, my Brets have only 4 models done and im in the proces of getting a unit finished, should be done this weekend only had them 3 years, my marines are well on the way, as are my sister's even have an unopend immolater, saying that i found a un opend (even the selophane wrapping) box of assault teriators the other week.

Its not too bad atm tho, i did work for GW years back, so i must have had each army a few times over that time, just periodicly have clear outs, and give the stuff i dont want to mates :p

·
Registered
232 Posts
Well im usually really bad for having a lot of unpainted models, but ive been on a painting rampage and have only 6 figs left to paint and a wave serpent to finish. The problem is the bigger that pile of grey plastic gets, the harder it is to pick up the brush I find.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
28 csm
7 plaguemarines
18 tsons
6 noise marines
2 oblits
2 mutants
2 sentinels
3 hw teams
spawn
2 dp's
9 demonettes
2 dreads
2 carnifex
2 imperial knights
imperial city
I said 5-10 units but when i counted it up there was rather more.
But i am not making any purchases until these are all finished.Thing is this is just odds and ends amongst what i already have.I had a box of 40 minis go missing when i moved. fortunately they were all unpainted.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
since there wasn't a vote for having NO modals unpainted then i voted that i have no modals.

However that is a sort of lie as i am painting my Chaos Sorcere and terminators at the mo but i almost never use unpainted modals in games.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
My painting is very slow and steady, so atn i have a lot by my standards...

A full AOBR set of marines minus the dread
a rhino
5-6 more marines i want to use for sternguard
5 scouts
a bunch of random CSM

The assault squad i've been painting for a month is actually almost finished :biggrin:

Nearly forgot i also have 2 mantic ghouls!

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Well... I really think that I am gona start a painting rampage today or tomorrow, and try to paint every model...

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
absolutely shed loads here,
my marine army (it's huge) consists of one commander and 5 marines (and an unpainted boxed legion)
mainly as it's taken me 18 months to decide on a chapter colour, it's now similar to emperor's children.

my necrons are totally built (needs touching up though)
my decent sized all painted 'nids have been commandeered by my nephew so they don't count
and my lizardmen army consists of a large box of unpainted stegadons and troops, although I have painted a slaan for no particular reason

·
Registered
494 Posts
I have All my Marines Painted Which is (at the moment) the army i use.

When i'm bored though i have some tau and some Lizardmen to paint. might sell them anyway to get some guard :p

·
Registered
147 Posts
Pretty much my entire army. I've tried to get my hands on some good paints. But being without a job leaves me with little options. I even tried to paint a DA Deathwing Terminator with Testors model paint... It turned out so effing shat that I vowed not to touch another one of my figures until I had official GW paints or a suitable substitute.

Any suggestions?

21 - 40 of 56 Posts