Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You have an unlimited amount of guard vs. the worst the 40k universe has to offer. The planet is a extremely large world consisting of nothing but open, endless plains. The Imperial Guard are limited to the basic guardsman equipped with big flashlight (lasgun) and plastic armor.

How about a single Bloodthirster? Necron Lord? Lord of Change? I'm guessing around One hundred billion guard for just one Bloodthirster. Thirteen million for a Necron Lord and Fifteen billion for a Lord of Change.

·
Registered
557 Posts
There is one answer to all these questions: Alot.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Over 9,000!!!
I kid. But seriously, I think it would take millions upon millions of IG. They would have help from a thousand psykers, but this particualr IG armies 1000 psykers got picked to be sacrificed to the emperor. So it sucks to be them.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No psykers. Only unlimited amounts of the basic guardsman (Basic kits only. No special weapons) It would probably take millions. Like a bunch of ants trying to attack a Elephant.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Well dude, its like I said. They're being sacrificed to the emperor.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Well.... Tbh you wouldn't need an particularly high number of IG to take down a single bloodthirster. Yeah, they are scary shit... But what makes them such a huge threat is that they arn't alone but are usually accompanied by a horde of evil little buggers with big ass swords.

·
Registered
21 Posts
im pretty sure no amount of gaurds men would be able to take a blood thirster because theyd all just be like puking there brains out

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
You may be thinking of the great unclean one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
well i just meant daemons in general really it doesnt have to be certain kinds to cause mere gaurdsmen to lose there mind and there bodys to react uncontrollably i just always pictured it as them falling to the ground puking there brains out

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Let's raise the stakes. 100 Bloodthirsters and 100 Great Unclean Ones vs. Unlimited amount of Guard. I'm guessing it would take somewhere in the millions.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
? Jesus Christ. They won't stop that.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I figured that one sextillion (1,000 Trillion) las rounds would eventually defeat at least half of the daemons or cause some serious damage. Even if they are basically flashlights.

·
Registered
87 Posts
[sacrasm] Well, those flashlights will add up. That 'thirster will be so busy rolling dice for his armor saves he wont have time to attack. And every turn he can kill what, 5 guardsmen. Jeebus I hope he has a lot of dice. [/sarcasm]

No matter what you are or who you are, a thousand(I say a thousand cuz if there were a million most of them would be very far away and they are not that good at shooting) lasguns shooting and hitting you is going to case a lot of damage. Imagine a constant barrage of lasers over and over. Your dead in minutes.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Unlimited. Use your imagination. Like a wave of One trillion guardsmen per minute in one giant blob of human waveness.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
1 novemnonagintillion.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts