Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently im working on a 1500/2000pt Elysian Drop troops list, and I was planning on going all infantry/sentinels (I know I should really have Valkyries or whatever, but I just like the idea of Parachute infantry rather than Air Cav)

My problem is Im not really sure how many anti tank weapons to include for an all comers list, I dont want to be stuck with only a handful of weapons if I run into a full mech list, and unlike with my Tau FW spam, I cant bring down light transports with hails of rifle fire. (The hated Rhino and also Landspeeders)

At the moment my 1500pt list has Four Meltaguns in infantry squads (planning on forming them into two 20 man teams if Elysians can do that).
Two Multi-meltas on drop-sentinels (one each attached to each of my inf platoons) and three missile launchers in a HWS.
Apart from those the only things Ive got are a smattering of GLs and AGLs, plus a few heavy bolters. (I bought AGL-Lasguns for junior officers so they didnt have to use laspistols).
Apparently most of my infantry all have Krak grenades, but im not sure if its a good investment.

So in my all infantry list, do I have enough firepower and if not, how much should I add? In addition what should I add in the way of anti tank firepower when I make the list up to 2000 points.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Ugh, don't use lascannons. They're only for Spess Mehrenes amd their BS4. Maybe if you fit one in a Vet squad, and shove it in a Chimera... then again, Ordnance Barrage Chimera, lol :p
Anyways, autocannons for anti-light and anti-medium. For anti-heavy (AV14) use Melta Vets in a Chimera. And Vanquishers. And Manticores. Maybe even Demolishers and Devil Dogs, but those two have to be point blank, and Devil Dogs aren't exactly the thoughest of tanks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately Elysian Drop Troops can only get Mortars, Heavy Bolters and Missile launchers as heavy weapons choices (Using the Imperial Armour 8 list anyway) and the only Sentinel choices available are Heavy Bolter, Heavy Flamer and Multi Melta.

Which means I cant field lascannon or autocannon to deal with light armour threats.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Elysians have "Drop Sentinels" which can be attached to infantry platoons, as well as Fast Attack choices.
They have multi-meltas as an option, I do believe Scout Sentinels can as well, but I cant remember

·
Registered
488 Posts
Then you have your anti-armour weapon of choice. BS3 is meh, but a Scout Sentinel is a pretty cheap platform for one, and it's sufficiently mobile to actually engage a target.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ugh, don't use lascannons. They're only for Spess Mehrenes amd their BS4. Maybe if you fit one in a Vet squad, and shove it in a Chimera... then again, Ordnance Barrage Chimera, lol :p
Anyways, autocannons for anti-light and anti-medium. For anti-heavy (AV14) use Melta Vets in a Chimera. And Vanquishers. And Manticores. Maybe even Demolishers and Devil Dogs, but those two have to be point blank, and Devil Dogs aren't exactly the thoughest of tanks.
If you’re not competent enough to use the twin link orders?? It’s great to always pen rhinos and with enough numbers never worry about land raiders, Ord is great but only hits 33% of the time, twin linked Lascannons hit 75% do the math.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts