Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I was curious, how elite are the Imperial Knights in general perhaps in a tier system from one being imperial militia to nine being the Space Marines and ten being the Costudes. Ive read lore where they can hold off armies on there own but are the pilots useless without there Knights?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
A knight is a rare and powerful piece of technology. They're different than a Space Marine...you can't say "One knight is worth 11.6 Space Marines!"

A Baneblade is technically more destructive than a Space Marine, but there are things Space Marines can do that Baneblades would be totally unsuited for (like a drop-pod assault into a underground cavern system).

On a one to one basis, I'd say the knight outweighs a Space Marine, for the most part.

·
Closet Dictator
3,435 Posts
What makes them powerful is the machine they pilot, they come from aristocrstic backgrounds so have probably had access to the best education food and medical care available on their worlds, and being of a warrior caste they would be physically and mentally robust, so in general terms they would be "elite". But comparing them to other units outside their class would not be really work because they do different things

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what I meant how many are there?
How many Knights are made in a century?
Do they train most of there life to become a pilot?

etc

stuff like that since they don't tell in the codex

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think in one on one, Knights will come off as better than Astartes although it wouldn't be a complete whitewash. Let's say out of 100 bouts, Knights will win 75 but if they are fighting a campaign or a battle any Astarte chapter will have better of them.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts