Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this has bothered me for some time.

I presume that the IG as any Military man smells of Uniform ( you will know if you have been in the army) and the oil that is used for cleaning the guns there.
I don't have a clue what the SM smells , but I really wonder about the DE. Perfume and Blood in one maybe ? Or nothing , give me your thoughts on that.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Me: "My Dark Eldar has no nose"
My brother: "How does it smell"
Me: "Terrible"
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Dunno really, i suppose it depends upon what he/she has been doing recently- if they've just been torturing then i imagine blood and possibly excrement (from the victim)

·
Craw-Daddy
4,416 Posts
Ussually uniforms take in smell of their environments even if they are washed. The oil that is used for cleaning guns (CLP) is evaporated very easily so usually the guns don't smell like CLP. So I think an Imperial Guard army would ussually smell like iron, dirt, and rubber.

As for the Dark Eldar, I would think that they don't really think about showering and cleaning their gear, as they are pirates for the most part. So maybe oil and blood

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
I've seen some strange threads in my time, but really this is up there with one of the weirdest... :p

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I've seen some strange threads in my time, but really this is up there with one of the weirdest... :p
Worse than ''Can Sisters of Battle become lesbians?'' Really?:laugh:

As for the smell of leather... welcome to my world (Those on the Chat would understand that)

Im guessing you mean how they would taste, as in meat? Then.. ugh... sweeter than Mon-Keigh with perhaps a more bitter edge than your devout, aspect types of Eldar?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Not sure. With their noses?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Vets have said that they could smell the German Army in WW2 because of all the leather kit they wore. I guess a Dark Eldar would smell of insense and blood..

·
Registered
104 Posts
Haven't eldar, like most alien races, been described as smelling sickly-sweet, almost like liquorice? I think this alien smell would overpower the odours of their gear, and the blood smell would only be notable in or just after a battle. I can't imagine dark eldar not washing - they're fairly proud and vain.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I don't have a clue what the SM smells , but I really wonder about the DE. Perfume and Blood in one maybe ? Or nothing , give me your thoughts on that.
Well, the first two HH novels mention that a SM stinks heavily like sweat. As for Dark Eldar, I'm not sure but what I've read of regular Eldar describe them with that sickly sweet smell that others have mentioned. Maybe DE smell like strawberry flavoured lube.

Worse than ''Can Sisters of Battle become lesbians?'' Really?:laugh:
:laugh:
Are you fucking serious? Someone actually made a lesbian SOB thread? LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts