Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does inquisitor work? All i really know is that there are some kickass 58 mm models.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
It appears to be a good system, I've always wanted to play it but couldn't ever find somebody who was into it in my area. The miniatures are simply amazing, very tempted to get me a couple just to paint up. You thinking of going Radical or Puritan?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have no idea, ill have to think about it. If i do get into it, id take the black templar model as the first character as he is absolutely amazing.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Some of the rules are strange and there aren't really any point values. You just have to agree with your opponent (or use a GM) that you won't get out of hand with crazy daemon weapons and psychic powers. The minatures are cool but they're b*$%@# to convert.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
The Inquisitor system is designed to encourage a more narrative style of play as oppossed to everyone having the same amount of points and gunning for objectives. Your warband should have a backstory, and each member of it should fit with the theme of that story.

It's not really suitable for the type of players who would have super tooled up SMs in their 40k army, it's about creating an interesting scenario and playing it out with interesting characters.

If i do get into it, id take the black templar model as the first character as he is absolutely amazing.
It's actually a Death Watch Marine. Marines are a contraversial issue in Inquisitor, as their stats are more reflective of their superhuman nature than in 40k. You might be better picking one of the more ordinary characters as a starting point.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Marines are a contraversial issue in Inquisitor, as their stats are more reflective of their superhuman nature than in 40k.
Though it is oh so funny when you do come up against those rare good marine characters, ones without power armour or bolters, that land a knuckle-duster clad fist to the face of a veteran guardsman.

·
Registered
730 Posts
did you ever get a game going? Its my favorite of the 40 universe games.

I always run Daemon Hunters.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts