Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been wondering this for some time, cuz they have all the diffewrent ones on the 40k website but no explanation as to how many/to pick them

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
You get to pick one per player per side. So, basically, you get to pick one. For every 250points' difference between the two sides, the side that's brought fewer points to the table gets an additional strategic asset.

·
Registered
538 Posts
ea. side gets a number of assets equal to side with most players. ex. 3 players on 1 side and 1 on the other side. ea team gets 3 assets.
then if someone has masters of the chapter,then they have additional assets.
all assets chosen before bidding on deployment time.

·
Registered
505 Posts
You get to pick one per player per side. So, basically, you get to pick one. For every 250points' difference between the two sides, the side that's brought fewer points to the table gets an additional strategic asset.
So if one persojn has 3000 pts and the other person has 7000 pts then the 1st person gets 17 assets while the 2nd person gets 1 asset?

·
Registered
171 Posts
when i chose my assets, it depends on how big the game is and what army/armys i am facing.

for example if i am facing a guard and necron army i usually take flank march and sceduled bombardment, because i have so many assault marines which i keep in reserve and therfore get about 10 units from my reserves on the second turn to swamp the guard and use my shooting to phase out the necrons

but my usuall combo is the following: carefull planing, flank march and ambush or (vortex grenade:biggrin:)

·
Registered
538 Posts
necron players should be taking careful planning and flank march too. All that gauss coming in by all those tanks.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I choose characterfully. Witch hunters get null generator. Even though its pants

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
It Depends however most of the time my oppoment chooses flank march so my answer is disrupter beacon or when it comes to the seer concil null field generator (try dooming me now :biggrin: ) it'ss only when it's a shooting army I'll choose blind barrage and deny them shooting for a turn (My masters in a crusader run like mad in a weak army)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tight. now i know what to do with my PDF files, other than the strategic assest are there any other really important things in the apoc rule book?

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
For club games, we usually go with a random draw for assets.
We still get the same number of assets, instead of them actually choosing their favourite, they rely on the luck of the draw and have to plan around it accordingly.

We had much overuse of Flank March and a couple of others, and this was the easiest, most sporting way to even things up.

·
Registered
428 Posts
On the same note has anyone used the anti-plant barage? Thinking about taking it just because it sounds cool and I don't think I will ever see it used otherwise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts