Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering how people paint there marines half one color and half another color? I am not talking about painting the legs white and the upper body red I am talking about painting one half of there entire body white and the other half red (for example). How is this done?

thanks,

Master Kashnizel

·
Registered
203 Posts
With a very steady hand. I did a Marine Errant for a painting comp and it drove me absolutely nuts making sure I didn't spill the blue into the white.

As for the best way to go about it probably do the colour that covers worst first, so you can go over any mistakes with the second colour. Of course, if one half is white then a white spray takes care of that.

Dragonlover

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just have a steady hand, take your time and it will come together. I tried it once using the foundation paints as a try out for red and yellow:

He is a War Jester of Sanguinius, i think he came out ok, took an age to do though.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I always use airbrush tape its about 1 mm (the one i use is) wide and very flexible. Just put it on, just a little of the middle, so you can paint every part you need for that color. Then just let it dry and do the same for the other side. This especially works good when you dont have a steady hand.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Also, the colours you choose are going to dictate a fair amount of the hair you pull out during the painting of your models. Howling Griffons (a red/yellow quartered colour scheme) are always going to cause more trouble than the dark angels halved colour scheme (angels of absolution?), for example

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
i would say undercoat first, then with a mechanical pencil drawn a line through the middle of the model and paint either side, i got same tips for diamond harlequins effect

1 - 8 of 8 Posts