Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to play a footslogging space ork list, which includes 180 boyz, some Big Meks and 9 Killa Kans. My question is, how do I move the models as to avoid reaching the time limit before I can do serious damage?

As a start, I guess I can roll my run/fleet roll before I move the models, but are there any other pointers?

Thanks in advance,
DH

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
As a start, I guess I can role my run/fleet roll before I move the models, but are there any other pointers?
You can't do that as some asshole will say that you just started your shooting phase by running (trust me it happened to me with my 180 gaunt list) as for moving faster I suggest maybe LotR movement trays maybe?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You posted within 2 minutes ov my post?:eek:k:

Yeah, LoTR mivement trays... Excellent idea! Thanks alot man! + rep!

You're probably right about the run roll beforehand, but I'm sure some opponents will be fair about it.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
probably but just remember there are those that play for fun (myself and my hippie brethren xD...and every that realizes it's a fucking game) and there are those who play to win (Much more akin to Lux by spinning off random rules to stop you and taking advantage of every loophole...or making shit up...we call these people Powergamers xD)

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ well then call me a PowerGamer!

·
Registered
592 Posts
All in all, it just comes down to being fast with your hand. Be precice in your movement, and be efficient.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
^ well then call me a PowerGamer!

Fuckkkkkkkkkkkk Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Nah, but theres like 4 people like that who are semi-regulars at my FLGS, and i refuse to play them, I know odds are i'd win, but they are such absolute morons. They all spew off endless shit to try and hide the fact that its a motherfucking game.

Sorry, more to the point ask your opponent before hand if you can do running rolls with your movement, if not odds are they'll proberbly not like you using movement trays :| Though sometimes i make orc and nid players do it all in order, after last minute deciding i want the other side of the board, so they're moving 100 models, 4 times every 5mins or whatever, but thats just for my amusement.

Otherwise... Practice makes perfect.

Sit there, and move your Orks as fast as you can, over and over. Nothing better do to than that. :ireful2:

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Fuckkkkkkkkkkkk Youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

Nah, but theres like 4 people like that who are semi-regulars at my FLGS, and i refuse to play them, I know odds are i'd win, but they are such absolute morons. They all spew off endless shit to try and hide the fact that its a motherfucking game.
Footballs a game and look how serious that is. Just because you don't like that side of the game doesn't stop others enjoying this "motherfucking game".

OT, though. Just practise cards.

What time limit though?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Tournaments tend to have a time limit for the game in order to give both players a "fair shot" at a reasonable length game. To this end, players with footslogging hordes tend to fall into 1 of two camps.

1) slow as all feth. Take their time moving EACH and EVERY model down to the correct millimetre, and tend to play three turn games in three hours as a result.
2) The other ones. They try to speed up their movement phase by any 'fair' means, in order not to unduly cut down the length of the game.

It should also be noted that their opponents also fall into two camps.
A ) Those who are ok with #2 (this is where I sit).
B ) Those who are so anal-retentive about EVERY minutiae that they were obviously toilet-trained at gunpoint.

·
Registered
270 Posts
B ) Those who are so anal-retentive about EVERY minutiae that they were obviously toilet-trained at gunpoint.

This is teh funnay! :crazy:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
best thing to do would be to pickup 3 or so models in each hand and move them, tends to speed thing up

or, you could measure the distance moved on the first model in thesquad and the last model in the squad, move them, and whack all the others somewhere inbetween

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
I tend to do that ^

Measure front and back and then pile the rest of them up inbetween those two; Its the Orky thing to do :biggrin: PILE IN!!!
But in a reasonable way of course; No spreading them out over half the board or whatever.

SGMAlice

·
Registered
232 Posts
When i'm vsing someone with a lot of models that all need moving, ill offer to help out if it is a huge amount, but either way I tend to be ok with some fluffed movement within reason just to speed it up, like moving front and back model and rest in between is a good solution that most people will be ok with.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
You clearly need to mech up. :p

·
Registered
435 Posts
What I do for ork hordes, is exact measure the first "row" of boyz in the direction i'm moving, and then just kind of, rough-guage the guys behind them, to about the same distance as they were before the first row moved, just err on the side of short, and if you need to move a guy to be part of the "new front row" use your measuring tape. (such as guys moving off in different directions in a big mob) I've not seen anyone who has a problem with this, and just be sure to tell them you can take a 3 hour turn and do it exactly if they like.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
Well, train in repetitive hand movements :biggrin:

Nah, I just tend to move the model that is furthest forward first, then the rest come around that one. Or, if you can, get someone else to do it.

·
Banned
5,108 Posts
Well, train in repetitive hand movements :biggrin:

Nah, I just tend to move the model that is furthest forward first, then the rest come around that one. Or, if you can, get someone else to do it.
Move one model, Then Push the rest to the same area :p And hope they don't have flamers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts