Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Punx For Life
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the title nails it really, how do you get your model's from A to B.

at the moment i'm using the large game's workshop case and a load of tupper ware box's in a back pack

the GW case's are ok,
but by the time i've put in my 4 trucks and the boyz i have no room for the battlewagon, looted wagon, bikers, killa kans, dreds, koptas and what the hell is the stompa supposed to go in,

so i end up with a large carry case, a back pack and a box or carry bag for the stompa,
all this on the train:headbutt::crazy:

anyway how do you get your's around,
as there must be a better why and i'm out of ideas.

regards
jim

·
Registered
488 Posts
I bought a Hiper power supply, and it comes with a most awesome carrying case. I'm using that, it's good for about thirty models of infantry and two vehicles can fit inside, double or triple that if I even fashion some floors out of polystyrene packaging I find lying around.

·
Registered
191 Posts
ummmmmm i found that egg cases work nicely from models jumbling around

·
Registered
87 Posts
I use the cases and foam trays from this site http://www.krmulticase.co.uk/
You can order specially made foam trays which are an exact fit for vehicles and the pick & pluck range is great for transporting monsters and larger models which don't have a more specific tray available.

·
The Apathetic Sociopath
1,039 Posts
This works the best for me.

I've tried toolboxes and plastic/foam carrying cases. This carrying case offers the capacity, protection, and convenience I wanted but didn't get in other cases.

"cough" Romeo fanboy "cough"

OBGOG

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
I use the cases and foam trays from this site http://www.krmulticase.co.uk/
You can order specially made foam trays which are an exact fit for vehicles and the pick & pluck range is great for transporting monsters and larger models which don't have a more specific tray available.
Like Stone220 I am a fan of the KR Multicase system.I have Kaiser 2 but now I'm playing Mech Orks I will stump up the cash for Kaiser 4.
I also have the smaller Aluminum Case whish is used for travelling with WIP painting.

I don't see the point of paying extra for plastic cases when they just are sitting on shelves.
So the card cases are great at the price for shelf sitting and I just grab them and pop them in the carry bag for games.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
I scored a pelican 1640 for nothing.(Very lucky) and it holds 200 marines, 24 terminators 2 dreads, 2 dp's, 320 ig troopers, 8 hw teams, 2 baneblades, 4 leman russ, macharius,2 chimeras and 2 sentinels. It is outstanding but heavy and huge.
I have a 3 silver plastic cases i filled with the pluck foam to carry my other stuff.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
i have it hard as i'm on a moped so getting it all on my bike is a struggle. What i do if put all my tanks and armour in a a shoe box and put that in my top box on the back. I then fassan my small GW travell case to the back of my top box with a cargo net and then put my rule books, paper, pens, glue and LOTR sometimes as well in my rucksack.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Like Stone220 I am a fan of the KR Multicase system.I have Kaiser 2 but now I'm playing Mech Orks I will stump up the cash for Kaiser 4.
I also have the smaller Aluminum Case whish is used for travelling with WIP painting.

I don't see the point of paying extra for plastic cases when they just are sitting on shelves.
So the card cases are great at the price for shelf sitting and I just grab them and pop them in the carry bag for games.
Me neither what why pay over £30 for a plastic case when all it's going to do is sit around on a shelf, the card cases are around the £20 mark, it's just a matter of finding the one/s you want and sticking them in the Kaiser and away you go. Using the Aluminium Case for WIP painting is a great idea Vash I might start doing that myself if you don't mind :p

i have it hard as i'm on a moped so getting it all on my bike is a struggle. What i do if put all my tanks and armour in a a shoe box and put that in my top box on the back. I then fassan my small GW travell case to the back of my top box with a cargo net and then put my rule books, paper, pens, glue and LOTR sometimes as well in my rucksack.
Ouch! That must be fun, I have the car so it's just a case of sit on the back seat and strap them in :laugh:, the major problem for me is parking as my FLGS is right slap in the center of town. :(

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
parking is real easy for me as there is a bike park just outside the shop as my local is almost right next to the train station. (poole)

So many times i have wanted to bea able to drive even if i take my mums Smart car as that can carry all that plus someone else. I bearly can fit my self on my own bike with that stuff on. Yet i do it ever week (2-3 time in the holidays) to go to my local.

·
Registered
87 Posts
It frustrates me how my suitcase for going abroad is cheaper than a KR multicase.
They are a bit on the expensive side but are well worth the investment and much cheaper in the long run than it would be to use standard GW cases.

·
Registered
575 Posts
aside from my GW one i got for free with my army, i got a Mr. T lunch box which i made to accomidate my 5 termis on the lower level, my 3 oblits and my dreadnaught on the top. I also just got a briefcase from a yard sale for 2 bucks that i foamed the inside to harbor my three rhinos, my landraider, and 1 very heavily converted dreadnaught.

woog out!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Armor in one shoebox, infintry in another, stuff em both in a duffel bag along with anything else I might need. Bring plenty of superglue to repair whatever got destroyed along the way.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts