Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how you experienced players build the strongest Slaanesh Lord.

Here is mine

Slaanesh Lord on Steed (For outflank)
BBoS
Power Sword
Sigil

This is what i have in mind....I love noise marines and i know everyone talks about the Khorne Lord on Juggernaut or Bike with the AoBF, but that prevents me from making Noise marines as troops....

Let me know how you would build the strongest Slaanesh Lord..

Tks

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
If your wanting him to be strong in melee I wouldn't give up a extra attack by giving him the BBoS. If your wanting him to be a mobile template platform then that is a good choice on him. I am sure the more competitive minded folk will have more in depth commentary on the matter.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The way i see it, playing often against DE and Eldar, i always strike last anyway, so i am not expecting my Lord to go toe to toe with other Lords, the only one built for that is Abaddon in my opinion so why not use it to clear objectives with a units of Bikers or Spawns....Outflank is a very strong ability and with Noise marine, the main Character is the Sorcerer, not the Lord.

That does not mean he cannot be a royal pain in the A$%$...Just looking to build a competitive one.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
Slan Lord would strike at I6, that isn't really all that slow.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Compared to DE it is slow!!
About the lord, i've 2 setups:

Template platform
Just as yours :)

Combat nastyness
Bike (or steed if i still need some outflank. if so I pair him with 5 terminators/ 20 marines)
Claw
Fist
Sigils
combat familiar

Apart from this it must be noted that the real use of a slaanesh lord is the outflank and making the noise marines as troops.
The cc beatstick role is better left to nurgle and khorne lords.
He can be strong, yes, but i think he is better used as an Outflanking template delivery system, usually avoiding epic cc

·
Registered
679 Posts
Take a lightning claw over a power sword, since you have to swap one of your two weapons to get the Burning Brand you wont get the bonus attack so you may as well get shred since they're the same cost.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Unfortunately, the big issue with a Slaanesh Lord, is that he can't deliver AP2 at Initiative order, and his Initiative is a pity to downgrade by an unwieldy weapon.

Personally, I use a pricey, but versatile setup:

Mark of Slaanesh
Steed of Slaanesh
BboS
The MURDER Sword
Sigil of Corruption

190pts

I stick him with a unit of Slaanesh Raptors (he can be Focus Fired if joined to Bikers), with Icon of Excess, and outflank them.

The MURDER Sword might be a simple Power Sword most of the time, but in a 2+ IC meta environment, for a few more points than a power weapon, you can limit the effectiveness of enemy Deathstars, as they will try to avoid being MURDERED.

Occassionally your Lord will be able to reach the target and MURDER him (or, if in a linear formation, challenge with your Raptor champion and keep your lord in base contact, and MURDER the rest of the unit instead, even if he denies, as you will remain in base contact with him).

The point, however in taking the BboS is that he won't be just running around chasing his target. He can effectively roast nearby enemies while he is at it. For an added 20-30pts in comparison to a cc monster lord, I find it a fair trade in terms of utility.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use BBos and either power sword or murder sword (points dictate) with sigil in a unit of cc noise marines with doom caster and rhino- 2 meq killer templates and the defense of a dirge caster on the mobile unit and they can dish out hurt pretty well on the charge.
Not as killy as the blind biker of khorne but they hit well and give noisies as troops :D
Khalos

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you want a good cc lord pretty much what everyone else has said is right.

The best way to go though is to use Lucius. He is awesome in cc and has a Doomsiren. Combine with the noise marine units doom siren, they do alot of damage!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts