Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
176 Posts
I don't get the concept of seargents at all. Do you have to have exactly one to be in your tactical squad? Can you name any troop your seargent? If you can't, the SM tactical squad sprue comes with enough materials for two seargents right? Thank for all of your input.
You may only have one Sergeant per squad.

That Sergeant may be upgraded to a Veteran for a certain points cost (note that with Blood Angels and Dark Angels the Sergeants are automatically Veterans).

Whether Veteran or not, he may swap the Bolter for a close combat weapon and a bolt pistol. Alternatively, you can just leave him with the Bolter.

If you upgrade him to a Veteran, he may buy additional wargear from the armory - Power Weapons and Power Fist are the most common choices, but combi-weapons can certainly be worthwhile as well.

As with any squad member, the Sergeant cannot be picked out in close combat or shooting (excepting the torrent of fire rule).

You'll generally want to mark your Sergeant out somehow. Usually the weapon choices alone do this, but if you leave him with a bolter you'll want a different helmet, colour marking or something else to differentiate him.

· Registered
176 Posts
Yeah, you can make multiple sergeants from the box, but still only one per squad. A 10 man squad could only have one sergeant, but if you had two five man squads, they could each have one.

Plasma Pistols do cost points. They also mean your Sergeants have to be Veterans (since to buy a Plasma Pistol you need access to the Armoury).

I'm not sure I understand your last post. If they're modelled as Sergeants, that's what they'll be if you use WYSIWYG.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.