Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought two baal preds a week ago, which I am building right now, and I'm up to the part where I need to put on the side heavy bolter sponsons. The modeling glue isn't working, which I assume is because it is meant for plastic miniatures. So does anyone have any suggestions for how to put them on? Superglue perhaps?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
superglue plastic to meter always

i prefered to old baal pred with the metal front plater and engraved blood angels insignia

·
Registered
0 Posts
YOu take a very small drill and drill a hole in both what you are trying to put on and the place where you want to put it, make sure the holes match up. Then you take a small rod or wire and place it in the hole and when you put the other piece to the base the wire should slide into the hole there, it helps strengthen the bond some more. If you look in the tutorials you should find a good guide for pinning.

Also make sure you wash the pewter pieces in warm soap water before trying to glue or paint them. There is an oil on the pewter to help it release from the molds and that can play hell on glueing. Also remember lessis normally better when trying to get models to stick.

If that does not work look for some 2 part epoxy in the automotive section of your local wal-mart (or equlivilant) and pick some up, be very careful with it and try not to get it on you but when that stuff dries you should be good to go.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
id say. i getting my second one soonish, and i aint looking foward to it. but im very tempted to make it modular and have the ability to switch between the two configurations. might be a bit difficult as my bits box is magically draining of bitz (i wonder how :wink:) so we'll see haha

·
Registered
0 Posts
The crusader is a kit that needs to go plastic if I ever saw one, to do it right you pretty much have to pin it, but it is so many pieces that it makes it difficult to do that.

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is important: Plastic Cement is for plastic ONLY! it literally melts the plastic together, which explains why it doesn't work on metal. Superglue works on everything, and metal epoxy works great on metal, but really thick and imprecise (not for detail work) :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts