Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, it's been a while hasn't it?

After a long, extended break from Projects that didn't go anywhere, I've circled back to 40K in time for the run up towards the new Tau book on the way. So I sat down, rifled though my pile of bawkzez and found a couple of Fire Warrior boxes still largely intact - Pulse Rifles, Shoulder Pads, Torsos, Helmets and everything. Of course I could build them up as regular old Fire Warriors...

...But then I remembered something I always wanted to do, but wasn't sure how to do. That is, make my own squad of Gue'Vesa (that'd be the Tau's Human Auxiliary forces for those not so well read on things).

The problem has been how. Eight pages of google searching, following links to some of the dreaded parts of the web (such as the 40K Fanon Wiki (*shudder*)) and I can't find one guide or any ideas on what to do. I already know that I won't be using the Imperial Armor 3 Gue'Vesa rules for them (because nobody told me they were limited to certain specific missions in the Tauros book), so for all intents and purposes they're a Fire Warrior squad that happen to be Humans.

I'm in the middle of doing some fluff, but the Models are a different story.

Anyone got any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Me personally I would use some Militarum Tempestus Scions squads with some added fire warrior bits to them to show they willingly joined the tau. I think painted the same scheme as tau they would blend right in with them. Skitarii Vanguard and rangers could be another option for some. Or you could always do cadians or Vastorian first born with some pulse rifles and tau bits.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts