Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be using Orks in a tournament in early August, and I'm thinking about what potential opponents might be using. To that end I'm wondering how competitive the following list is:

HQ: Archon on Reaver Jetbike, Agoniser, Close Combat Weapon, Combat Drugs, Hell Mask, Haywire Greandes, Plasma Grenades, Trophy Rack, Tormentor Helm – 142 points.

Drachon on Reaver Jetbike, Close Combat Weapon, Haywire Grenades, Plasma Grenades & Tormentor Helm – 82 points

Troops: Raider Squad, ten warriors & sybarite with Haywire Grenades & Plasma Grenades, Blaster & Dark Lance – 169 points.

Raider Squad, ten warriors & sybarite with Haywire Grenades & Plasma Grenades, 2 Dark Lances – 169 points.

Raider Squad, ten warriors & sybarite Haywire Grenades & Plasma Grenades, 2 Dark Lances – 169 points.

Raider Squad, ten warriors & sybarite Haywire Grenades & Plasma Grenades, 2 Dark Lances – 169 points.

Fast Attack: Reaver squad, five Reavers, Succubus, Blaster – 176 points.

Reaver squad, five Reavers, Succubus, Blaster – 176 points.

Heavy Support: Ravager, one disintegrator – 110 points.

Ravager, one disintegrator – 110 points.

Army Total: 1’495 points.

·
Registered
277 Posts
seem alright i suppose tho i wouldnt run it myself :p hell of alot of speed tho
cant give raider squads 2 dark lances, why would you even give them dark lances? its stupid lol
for the ravagers most people agree to go with all lances or dizzys
reaver JB imo are a waste basically pissing points up the wall
wouldnt bother with haywire nades as there should be a blaster in some of those squads at least also plasma nades arnt that useful as dark eldar warriors usually get raped in close combat mainly cus of the save.
instead of the JB maybe some wyches in raiders with the HQ units

this list could be a lot better and would not fair that well i think:/
hope this helps:D

·
Registered
539 Posts
There is no point for a tormentor helm on the archon unless you are going to give him a Punisher. Whih you might as well give him. Never mix and match ravagers. Its all 3 the same or nothing. Really no point in plasma grenades on warriors the last thing u want is them rushing into combat against anything other than tau or guardsmen.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
This is not a usual effective build.

1) Most DE players at more than 1k use incubi as a retinue. Bikelords lose this every effective tool in the DE arsenal.

2) Raider Squads are rarely armed with Lances. As a immobile raider is a dead raider. They are move and shoot platforms, usually armed with splinter weapons only. Maybe a Blaster or Shredder.

3) Foot squads take the 2 lance option to take care of enemy armor. You have none of them. This is unusual.

4) It's mostly useless to load up standard infantry with grenades, as assaulting isn't what they're best at, or even fairly good at. Wyches are there to fight your HTH battles. And none are listed here.

5) Ravagers tend to do well either 3xlances or 3xdissies. Mixing, while it appears effective, is rarely so. This is a bone of contention at times, but usually the way it works.

6) Where's the Shadow Field. Your Archon should never leave home without it.

All in all, Not a very Effective combination. Sorry.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Id go with 2 ravagers with full dissies and one with full lances , id have lances on all your raiders and blaster in all raider squads. ur doin wat u shouldnt with dark eldar and put too much into the warriors , the only thing i advise getting besides the blasters is a nightmare doll on a syrabite in one squad , DE need first turn . Yeh i agree with creon , shadow field a must . i tend to have an archon with drugs , helm , punisher , shadow field and ive found he pwns most other HQ choices and sqauds alike , plus with S5 from punisher and drugs he can even when needed beat the back in on a tank unless its armour 11 ont back then its pointless unless ur goal is to stop it shooting , lol soz long. try for 2 lance squads tht way no matter the deployment set up uve got four lances starting on the field . Sorry for ze rant . :).

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
A DE list above 500 points needs 3 Ravagers. Never leave home without 3. Ever. !.

Need that shadow field on the Archon.

2 Squads of Reavers at 1500 points is to much. 1 will do. You'll find that one is so effective at what they do that having 2 squads will leave one wth nothing to do.

Take 2 blasters in the Reavers.

Don't need haywire grenades on the troop sybarites.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts