Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to add some looted nid creatures to my Ork army, and I'm wondering how compatible Carnifexes and Mawlocs are?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Looted Tyrandid creatures?

"har, i sapped yo genestealer and hyjacked it!" o_O

As far as i saw, and heard, it should be fully compatible, but don´t hold my word on it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
What exactly do you mean by compatible? Carnifexes do have alot of parts and customizable bits, if that's what you're after. However Trygons do not, the only difference is the head, limbs, other spikes and the tail.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
What exactly do you mean by compatible? Carnifexes do have alot of parts and customizable bits, if that's what you're after. However Trygons do not, the only difference is the head, limbs, other spikes and the tail.
... and the arms...

·
Bringer of the Apocalypse
2,559 Posts
They mix and match quite nicely, though the Mawloc/Trygon head might be a tad large for the Fex neck hole. Mostly, I assume you're moving the limbs around from creature to creature?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Hey Deneris!

Back on topic: Why are you going to interchange the parts? Story-wise, wouldn't it make more sense to simply use one, complete creature? I'm imagining a Grot riding a Ripper...

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Deneris!

Back on topic: Why are you going to interchange the parts? Story-wise, wouldn't it make more sense to simply use one, complete creature? I'm imagining a Grot riding a Ripper...
I want a looted wagon with a boomgun, and while the obvious answer tyranid-wise would be a Carnifex, I was wondering if I could give a Mawloc one of the cannon options from the Carnifex box, as I've killed a Mawloc in a previous game and a looted one would fit fluff wise.

That and a looted Carnifex has already been done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts