Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the set for me and my daughter and I am wondering how balanced the two armies are? My girl has proclaimed the big red russkies are hers, which is fine with me. I just don't want to have quirky setups ruining the fun before it starts so I figured I would ask here about potential pitfalls.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
The Khador/Menoth set is pretty well balanced, I certainly don't think either one is at a significant disadvantage. Last couple of games I played with a friend, we ended up beating each other down to just a couple of models left each game, and having the two casters in combat, which means a very close game indeed :)

If you find yourself having very one sided games, it's probably more a matter of play style than anything, but that can be fixed with practice, or a little bit of selective upgrading when you move to 25pt games.

Just for Khador, I'll throw out a warning that a lot of people tend to think it's the "big jack faction", because they do have those awesome hulking brutes. However, in reality tend to rely more on awesome infantry, with usually only one or two Jacks in most lists (outside a few special Jack heavy lists). Think of the soviet army with one or two big hulking tanks and piles of infantry around them doing the leg work :) Menoth, however, is probably the best Jack faction at the moment, with the greatest jack support (The Choir and a vassal are a great upgrade to 25pts for the Menoth side, and take our Jacks from Meh to Marvelous), though we do have some very decent infantry as well.

Hope you and your daughter have a lot of fun!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts