Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which house rules do you use for your Apoc games? I have not had a chance ot play and would like to see what other people are using for when I have a chance to sechdule one.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Around here, we don't use the Apocalypse mission per se. We do the normal setup with heavy support, troops, elites, HQ, fast attack in that order, and figure that superheavy/legendary units either end up in Heavy Support or Elites, depending on what they are as far as deployment. Reserves, as a rule, kind of annoys everyone around here, despite it making a certain degree of tactical sense in some missions. Mechanically, it's not as much fun unless you're deep striking or something like that.

Also, some strategic assets benefit an entire side, rather than just the controlling player. Around here, we tend to rule that even if it says it benefits the entire side, only the player who chose the asset can use it. That stops some really lame stuff from happening.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Anyone experimented with a force org or % for different troop types for fairness sake? Any house rules for Legendary stuff?

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
if me and my friends do an apocolypse battle we would get rid of the no force organisation chart rule just to stop cheese

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only thing I see as being uber cheesy about the no force org chat is the legendary items. I could play someone and throw down 3 legendary vehicles right now and if they did not have any and didn't cheese the hell out of their army with las (or appr) would lose, and that is also not including the 7 Land Raiders I could toss at them. I like the wider range o fthe game but no limit/force org is a bit over powering.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts