Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to see this today, very funny movie, The plot is very simple, four guys travel back to 1986 in hot tub time machine, but unlike other time travel movies they are not just transported back in time, they are also there younger selves, so they have to try and relive the whole day without upsetting the time line, problem is they are not entirely happy with how there lives turned out in the future or happy with some of the choices they made back in the 80s.

I wont go into details because i dont want to spoil things, go see this movie if your into time travel movies like back to the future or like comedy, great buddy movie and makes a nice change to see people throwing the time travel rule book out the window.

If i was forced to look for a fault with this movie, it would be that the film didnt focus too much on the fact they traveled back to 86, i think more could have been done to highlight the changes in three decades, this is kinda touched on when one of the characters is talking to girl and they cant figure out a way to get in contact because he is only able to text and email other options are totally alien to him,dont get me wrong the clothes and the look of the movie is perfect for 1986, but aside from a tape cassette walkman here and some tv clips there it would be easy to forget the decade they are in.Then again maybe things havent really changed that much in 3 decades.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I keep hearing a really mixed vibe on this, so i'm glad to see another positive review. I hate watching John Cusack in bad films :(

Will try and fit this is on my day off, hopefully along with previews for Bad Lieutenant :victory:

·
Slaanesh's Plaything
1,290 Posts
I saw this a few days ago and thought it was great fun.
I went in not knowing anything about it and thinking it would be crap just due to the name but I was surprised. I enjoyed it alot. I thought all the main actors where really good.
I recommend it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts