Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how horus would be able to overcome the fact that if the Emperor died, the warp would become even more unstable and impossible to traverse, not only because of the lack of the astronomican, but because he actively fights against incursions into real-space.
How would he overcome this problem? what's the point of having the galaxy, when you cant even move from one area to another?

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
I was wondering how horus would be able to overcome the fact that if the Emperor died, the warp would become even more unstable and impossible to traverse, not only because of the lack of the astronomican, but because he actively fights against incursions into real-space.
How would he overcome this problem? what's the point of having the galaxy, when you cant even move from one area to another?
The Chaos Gods would have ensured smooth travel through the warp for Horus' ships :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Engulfing everything in the EOT pure and simple, jsut like his heir Abbaddon has tried and failed in doing for the past 10k years.
i dont think horus is even aware of the EoT, and if he is, i dont think he cares.

The Chaos Gods would have ensured smooth travel through the warp for Horus' ships :)
i dont see why they would, after they held the galaxy why would they care?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
It's not impossible to navigate with out the Astronomicon if you know what you're doing and have the guts and talent to do it. The Night Lords trilogy repeatedly refers to the ship being navigated through the 'darkness' that is the absence of the Astronomicon. While this is shown to be hard on the ship it is also shown to become less damaging the more familiar with, and less resistant to, the idea the navigator becomes. With Chaos' guidance and sorcerer's experienced in the act it should be no more challenging for Horus' ships to navigate than the current Imperium.

Additionally there is the possibility of creating a second Astronomicon either through making Horus into a new beacon (it appears that the Astronomicon is 'merely' the Emperor's soul light and can be suitibly powered by enough lesser souls that it could be possible to empower Horus enough to make this possible) or through whatever means Guilliman created one.

Also, why would Horus be actively fighting incursions into real-space? While daemonic incursions are probably bad for the long term stability of his regime they aren't necessarily that damaging, after all human societies are able to co-exist with daemons in the Eye.

·
Cruel Commissar
856 Posts
The EOT Horus had knowledge about, or Abaddon was holding back on him. And I swear I mean I have read that the goal of both Horus and Abaddon is to get on the Golden Throne and expand the EOT past Terra, I just can't for the love of God remember where I read it.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Thanks MEQ, cleared it up.
No problem, happy to help.

The EOT Horus had knowledge about, or Abaddon was holding back on him. And I swear I mean I have read that the goal of both Horus and Abaddon is to get on the Golden Throne and expand the EOT past Terra, I just can't for the love of God remember where I read it.
The Eye isn't very well known in the Heresy ear. Lorgar is the first to discover it, mere years before the Heresy explodes, and it isn't even named until Perturabo does so after the Heresy has begun. While Horus may well have known about the Eye is wasn't very important to him or his plans. Abaddon has changed much about the Legion since Horus' death, changing the plan (and I have also read about that, I think it was maybe in the Eye of Terror codex or something similar) is merely one of them.

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
The Chaos Gods forced the warp into turbulence during the Heresy to hinder Imperial communication and travel, whilst aiding rebel forces. As far as Horus was concerned, perhaps he thought his allies in the warp would continue to aid his forces after the death of the Emperor. Or he may have intended to replace the Astronomican. And as MEQ said, there are other methods of effectively traversing the warp.

Horus (seemingly) forged many daemonic pacts throughout the Heresy, perhaps he was actually powerful enough to create and maintain an alternative himself.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I know it's a copout, but I don't think Horus was part of the Chaos Gods' long term plan. After all, they're feasting on the eternal strife in 40k, if Horus had won outright this wouldn't have happened (pretty sure that's why the Alpha Legion go "Chaos"?).

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts