Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With the recent news from the Horus Heresy Weekender that the Horus Heresy is shifting away from the Age of Darkness and Imperium Secundus and moving onto the Solar War, or as BL termed it The Gauntlet, it means we are approaching the end of the Horus Heresy series.

For all those people who are dying to know when it ends, I can't give an answer. But after finishing War Without End and reading the author's afterword from Laurie Goulding, written in September 2015, I can say that according to him, the writer team now knows EXACTLY how many Horus Heresy novels the series will have.

That's right, there is now a firm number.

Here is the info recap courtesy of Bell of Lost Souls;

Bell of Lost Souls said:
Solar War is a big conflict. A fortress with two walls. One is guarded by the Emperor (Webway) and the other (Solar system) by Dorn.

Mars is traitor held but they are isolated and blockaded on the planet.

The re-conquest of Mars is a battle which truly matters. The Solar system is the grave yard of untold dead empires etc. Fleets destroyed / artificial worlds / Dark age of technology worlds etc. – the defence of the Solar System is difficult as enemies are within and without.

Saturn and Jupiter have lots of moons which have their own mini empires – as do the planets (case and point Furious Abyss) each has their own agenda. Loyalties are complicated.

The Hives on Terra could be sided with the traitors – not all, but some. Has to Pacify the enemies (some could be the Alpha Legion as it is their specialty).

“Can Horus attack from multiple angles?”

“Dorn is loyalist Warmaster in all but name.” He has to analyse everything. If a force goes dark have they been destroyed or have they changed loyalties?

People fleeing in to the Solar System from the greater Imperium.

Ghosts Speak Not: Traitors at the front door and people not knowing about it. All about how to be on guard against terrorist activities and espionage. Dealing with the Alpha Legion etc.”They will keep adding the pressure until Terra cracks.” Someone will attack and another attacking force will learn from their mistakes etc.

Dorn knows Horus is coming but not sure how, so has to guess Horus’ moves. Did he send ships to test defences as feints?

If Horus was killed someone else would have still tried to attack Terra.

Black Library are getting the Legions to start heading to Terra. – Path of Heaven is White Scars heading to defend Terra, and will start the lead into the Siege.

LotN

·
Registered
55 Posts
I too am Super excited from all the reveals that happened at the HH weekender, specifically the reveals of the Solar War. Really looking forward to the release of Jon French's 'Praetorian of Dorn'.

The cover for 'The Silent War' looks bloody brilliant with Severian, Sigismund and the Sigillite. Is there any news on what this is i.e. is it an Audio, Novella, Anthology or full on Novel??

·
Registered
278 Posts
I too am Super excited from all the reveals that happened at the HH weekender, specifically the reveals of the Solar War. Really looking forward to the release of Jon French's 'Praetorian of Dorn'.

The cover for 'The Silent War' looks bloody brilliant with Severian, Sigismund and the Sigillite. Is there any news on what this is i.e. is it an Audio, Novella, Anthology or full on Novel??
Know where I can find pictures of these covers?

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Know where I can find pictures of these covers?
I second this question.

Edit: Found them myself.

Angels of Caliban:

The Silent War:

The Path of Heaven:

My first thought: After seeing Severian on the second cover, I am convinced that if there's ever a Horus Heresy film series, Ryan Hurst should play him. Second thought: Most badass cover appearance now goes to Malcador the Sigilite, FREAKING HELL look at that staff!

LotN

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures not sure how to post pics otherwise I would of.

Out of all these, I'm assuming that 'Path of Heaven' will be the next release after Pharos, as there is already a mock up cover done, judging by these latest pics?

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Out of all these, I'm assuming that 'Path of Heaven' will be the next release after Pharos, as there is already a mock up cover done, judging by these latest pics?
According to the info we have so far, incorrect. The next HH release is The Crimson King by Graham McNeill which will show what the Thousand Sons are up to and what makes them side with Horus.

LotN

·
Registered
253 Posts
According to the info we have so far, incorrect. The next HH release is The Crimson King by Graham McNeill which will show what the Thousand Sons are up to and what makes them side with Horus.

LotN

Horus Heresy releases for the next five months

February: Dark Angle audio drama/ Pharos
March: Eye of Terror
April: The Path of Heaven
May: The Silent War
June: Knights of Caliban

Plus: Grey Talon and Red Marked get CD release

Second half of year:13th wolf audio drama

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

What's your source on this info? And are you sure it's Knights of Caliban and not Angels of Caliban?

LotN

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah it could be angels of Caliban.
Well then that's the image above. But still, where'd you get this info? I was really looking forward to the Crimson King but if what you've posted is true then it seems we may be in for a real slew of Horus Heresy.

LotN

·
Registered
2,266 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got some of the info from Laurie Goulding plus at the seminars.
Interesting.

So it seems like this half of the year will see three audio dramas, possibly three proper novels in the series to close off the Imperium Secundus arc, and two anthologies. Pretty damn good if my guesses are right.

LotN

·
Registered
253 Posts
Interesting.

So it seems like this half of the year will see three audio dramas, possibly three proper novels in the series to close off the Imperium Secundus arc, and two anthologies. Pretty damn good if my guesses are right.

LotN
Some more info on the audio's,the dark angel one is a prequel to Pharas we find out why the lion is missing from the Pharos novel.
13th wolf is about wolfen at the battle of Prospero.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Some more info on the audio's,the dark angel one is a prequel to Pharas we find out why the lion is missing from the Pharos novel.

13th wolf is about wolfen at the battle of Prospero.
Both sound good. Bit of a bigger list here;

Dark Angels Audio-Drama: Prequel to Pharos showing why the Lion isn't present in the novel.

Pharos: Book 34, Imperium Secundus, Battle of Sotha.

Eye of Terra: Already confirmed to be an anthology. Based on the cover-art, it is likely a Great Crusade collection. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-V7e5-jz1xa8/ViPLpTUdITI/AAAAAAAAAHU/MI-ahsskftY/s1600/unnamed.jpg

The Path of Heaven: Book 35, Scars sequel. White Scars return to Terra, start of the final third of the Heresy.

The Silent War: Already confirmed to be an anthology. Based on the cover art it is about Garro and Malcador, likely it will contain all the Knights-Errant stories so far in print form.

Angels of Caliban: Unknown, hopefully a novel. Based on the cover art it is about the Dark Angels fighting Curze, possibly the Night Lords too.

LotN

·
Registered
55 Posts
Both sound good. Bit of a bigger list here;

Dark Angels Audio-Drama: Prequel to Pharos showing why the Lion isn't present in the novel.

Pharos: Book 34, Imperium Secundus, Battle of Sotha.

Eye of Terra: Already confirmed to be an anthology. Based on the cover-art, it is likely a Great Crusade collection. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-V7e5-jz1xa8/ViPLpTUdITI/AAAAAAAAAHU/MI-ahsskftY/s1600/unnamed.jpg

The Path of Heaven: Book 35, Scars sequel. White Scars return to Terra, start of the final third of the Heresy.

The Silent War: Already confirmed to be an anthology. Based on the cover art it is about Garro and Malcador, likely it will contain all the Knights-Errant stories so far in print form.

Angels of Caliban: Unknown, hopefully a novel. Based on the cover art it is about the Dark Angels fighting Curze, possibly the Night Lords too.

LotN
I don't believe The Silent War is a compilation of Garro audios, for one if they were going to do a compilation of those they would surely call it Garro something. Also garro is not the only one fighting the silent war there are a lot of others as well so I believe this could be a compilation of new shorts.

Also Gav has mentioned a fair bit on his blog about Angels of Caliban and it covers the events back on Caliban as well as the events with the Lion in Imperium Secundus. He has also mentioned that due to Dan Abnett being very busy he has also taken on the 'Dreadwing' story line, though again I'm sure this will involve Konrad (Cover is a give away).

I believe we will see -

Crimson King by Graham Mcneil - about Magnus and how he comes to the decision to ally with Horus

Praetorian Of Dorn by Jon French - Told from the point of view of Dorns Huscarl Arcamus, covering the fortification of the Sol system (apparently has already been written and is supposed to be a big novel)

Master of Mankind by ADB - The war in the Web way with the Emperor and co fighting to protect Terra from within.

These three novels will be released close to the release of Forge Worlds next Big Background book Inferno which is not coming out till the later end of the year.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts