Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was just curious if the character Graviel Loken, the Captain of the 10th company of Luna Wolves and member of the Mournoval actually dies for good, or if he comes back later on?

This is very important! He cannot be dead! He was a huge character!

I did notice that many of the main CHARACHTERS end up dying, but I was really hoping this one lives!

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
I think that predates the Heresy though...

Oh well.

Who was your favorite character that either gets killed or seriously injured?
Legion of One doesn't predate the Heresy. It takes place after Isstvan 3. I won't spoil the audiobook for you if you should wish to listen to it, but know that Loken is found alive.

So that answers your question. He is very much alive. However, he isn't well psychologically given what happened.

This was one thing which most of the members here were actually pissed off about because Lokens death symbolized the end of the Great Crusade and the ideals behind it, which I agree with though I wasn't really mad about him being brought back.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Legion of One doesn't predate the Heresy. It takes place after Isstvan 3. I won't spoil the audiobook for you if you should wish to listen to it, but know that Loken is found alive.

So that answers your question. He is very much alive. However, he isn't well psychologically given what happened.

This was one thing which most of the members here were actually pissed off about because Lokens death symbolized the end of the Great Crusade and the ideals behind it, which I agree with though I wasn't really mad about him being brought back.
So, does he appear in any other book other than the one mentioned above, that you know of?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You don't say....

Aye, that I do. Hah. For of the loyalists, he is the best. The traitors are beguildered by his power and magnificence. Graviel Loken, unlike many others, cannot be swayed. And as much of myself as I have given to the Lords of the Warp, he is the one that keeps my sanity in place.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Yeah, but Loken would be a pile of virus bombed goo if it weren't for the best loyalist (and the only one without an awkward contrived survival story, yet), Saul Tarvitz ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You both have your points. However I think Tarvitz had a bigger role. Garo, like his crew, did help.

Good points guys.

Tarvitz lead the spear tip though.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
I don't like comic book deaths, which is what pretty much happened with him. That being said I think the best fate for him in the Heresy should be clear.

He makes it to Terra to help fight the siege. He goes up with the Emperor when they teleport to the Vengeful Spirit, and he is the one that Horus destroys which shows the Emperor there is nothing of his son left.

That is the way it should go. But from what I understand Abnett's brain fart about perpetuals is going to have something to do with it.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I don't like comic book deaths, which is what pretty much happened with him. That being said I think the best fate for him in the Heresy should be clear.

He makes it to Terra to help fight the siege. He goes up with the Emperor when they teleport to the Vengeful Spirit, and he is the one that Horus destroys which shows the Emperor there is nothing of his son left.

That is the way it should go. But from what I understand Abnett's brain fart about perpetuals is going to have something to do with it.
I agree. That would have been more heroic. However, I would have Loken Liken more had he turned with Horus and left Torggaddon to himself.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts