Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Please god let these be novels. No more novellas, please Black Library. I so badly want to see more real Horus Heresy novels.

LotN

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think one of these will be the full novel sequel to Scars. Probably Path to Heaven seeing as how my man Khan is shown in all his glory. Grey Talon will probably be either an accompanying Audio Drama or Novella. While I would like it to be an Audio Drama, the way the cover is laid out with action to the right and background to the left is the way Novel/ Novella covers are normally done so its probably a accompanying Novella. Probably both by Chris as the White Scars it seems are his turf for now.

Also, the Name "Path to Heaven" has the kind of ring to it of a journey, with Terra as "Heaven". Could this be the first book in that Gauntlet arc that was mentioned recently and be the White Scars final voyage to Terra? I hope so!

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
I really hope Path to Heaven is another full length Scars novel, and my Wraight. I've seen more criticisms than I expected on Scars, but personally it's one of my favorite Heresy novels. I love what Wraight has done with the V Legion, as well as the Khan himself and really want to see more from him.

If just one of those is a full length, then I'll be happy. Only one will be though, the other will be audio or novella.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I welcome more Scars!

To be picky, I have to say that while the artwork is awesome (as usual) I don't like the pose and I don't like the repeated layout used.
I studied design and illustration for 4 years (right before I became a killing machine), so I understand the reason the artist has used such compositions and I totally agree that it's awkward having a Primarch fighting a daemon whilst also being visible and clear to the audience, but we've seen the same essential composition on the last 100 heresy novels.

Look, I skillfully created a HH cover of my own. Look back through the artwork of all the Heresy novels and you can see that this basic template is used on most of the covers.

Sure, it works, but as someone who is just as interested in the cover art as the story, it's getting a bit dull. A single Primarch/SM positioned to the right of frame, shit happening behind.
While I do not dispute the skill of the artist (it's awesome) the compositions could be a little more, well, varied.
Interestingly, the initial HH novels didn't suffer from this issue. They were pictures of the greater battle and not just the main character standing in the right of the frame.

Mild complaint over.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Grey Talon is the name of a short in the 'Meduson' anthology, it's nothing new sadly. It just provides some background of the characters in Little Horus and (presumably) Scars 2

It's new material for most but sadly not a novella/novel

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
It's Hibou Khan, the one and the same that gives Little Horus his facelift. So yeah, that's Chogorian on his armour and he's fighting those Sons of Horus.

Grey Talon is the name of a short in the 'Meduson' anthology, it's nothing new sadly. It just provides some background of the characters in Little Horus and (presumably) Scars 2

It's new material for most but sadly not a novella/novel
So it is, forgot about that. Have a cookie.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It will be something different, I doubt they'd give a single short story a hardcover release, and eventually Meduson will be released in a regular format. So this is probably a new story with the same name, or it's the Meduson anthology in a regular format but under a new name.

LotN

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
It will be something different, I doubt they'd give a single short story a hardcover release, and eventually Meduson will be released in a regular format. So this is probably a new story with the same name, or it's the Meduson anthology in a regular format but under a new name.

LotN
Dunno. They did with Prince of Crows and the Crimson Fist.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts

LotN

The Grey Talon art is actually likely for an audio drama (per Garro, Heresy30k). I doubt Grey Talon is a hard cover release. Either way, we shall see.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Wright already confirmed on twitter that 'Scars2' will be a full numbered novel.
Love the Gray Talon artwork, PoH is only ok.
I don't understand why the White Scar is a zombie. I mean, look at him! Nagash in space.
I can see that it's some kind of white face paint, but it's a bit weird. Perhaps the White Scars celebrate halloween and he's out 'trick-or-treating' the Sons of Horus. I guess they chose 'trick'.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts