Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The Story:
The Dark Angels and the Night Lords fought one another to a bloody stalemate during the Thramas Crusade and, though the Lion eventually claimed victory, it left both Legions scattered and under-strength. Far from a spent force, both Legions must consider where their own personal loyalties lie, and what path they will take in the days and months to come.

As I understand it, Master of the First takes place on Caliban through the eyes of Astellan as he clenshes out the loyalist parts of the Dark Angels leaders. But it will be fun to see Sevatar post-Prince of Crows.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Highly doubt i'll be buying it, as I just don't like audios. However, wouldn't mind hearing about Sevetars story once someone's listened to this,

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Having already listened to both, i'll do that right now;

The Long Night;

T'was a damn good audio. The voice acting for Altani was brilliant, and brutal in certain scenes, and Sevatar was irreverant and cynical as always, his voice actor gives him a sibilant, almost hissing quality to his voice that makes him sound a lot less ferocious than he actually is, which fits his sociopathic character.

LotN

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
The Long Night

Just want to say, if you don't want your image of Sevatar ruined, don't get the audio, and wait for the Script/prose version. His voice acting is shit, coming across like some really weak OTT disney villain.

Edit - mine's a little bit more in-depth, but TL:DR, read LotN's. Difference of opinion over the VA aside.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Edit - mine's a little bit more in-depth, but TL:DR, read LotN's. Difference of opinion over the VA aside.
I liked Sev's voice acting, i'm sick of Space Marines that sound as if they are chewing gravel or have had shrapnel scar their throat. I like the bionic Space Marines, like the Dark Angels Commander in Master of the First, but so many Space Marines just sound like interchangable deep-voices, Sevatar's more sibilant and soft voice is a welcome change and gives him his own character, like Kharn's Ukranian accent in his audios.

LotN

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Eh, I just thought that the idea of one of the noted hardest bastards in the Imperium (Was it Sigismund, who thought that it was he, Abaddon, and Jubal who were the most dangerous fighters?), 8 foot tall, killing machine sounding like a snake with tonsillitis a bit immersion breaking.

Compare Jafar to Snake Jafar. The depth of voice of Jafar is much better. Or compare to Rasputin in Anastasia

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Eh, I just thought that the idea of one of the noted hardest bastards in the Imperium (Was it Sigismund, who thought that it was he, Abaddon, and Jubal who were the most dangerous fighters?), 8 foot tall, killing machine sounding like a snake with tonsillitis a bit immersion breaking.
Yeah it was, and I suppose it depends on your own taste. But Sevatar is a sociopath, I think that him sounding like a snake is appropriate.

LotN

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
The audio-drama Templar. Before fighting Jubal Khan in an honour-duel, Sigismund reflects that he considers the most dangerous duelists in the Astartes to be Jubal, Sevatar, Abaddon and himself.

LotN

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
My mistake, it was Alajos, not Sigismund (although he was mentioned). And it was Savage Weapons (another ADB).

Alajos was many things beside his rank of Ninth Captain: a loyal son; a dutiful knight; a gifted tactician; and a warrior with a head for the detailed logistics of planning and organising a crusade force. He was also one of the finest swordsmen in the First Legion, and had once lasted almost a full minute in a spar with his primarch.

He suspected the number of Legiones Astartes warriors capable of besting him numbered fewer than twenty across all the Legions. Ezekyle Abaddon of the traitorous Sons was one; Jubal Khan of the Scars another; and Templar Sigismund of the Fists definitely another.

As was Sevatar. His name joined the others, coursing through both sides of the Imperial Civil War, cheered by some, cursed by others.
The Audio "Templar" details the duel between Sigismund and Alajos (or maybe Corswain) if you're interested, IIRC.

Edit ninjad. Got to relisten to Templar it seems. I'm not an audio centric learner it seems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts