Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm presuming this book will be based around The Imperial Webway project with some Daemon fighting fun thrown in. Usually such stories would come with a bit of pre-Magnus door knocking whilst everything is going "just as planned" and then the horrendous turn of events where that ever special red haired son turns up and nerfs the whole setup causing much confusion and delay.

I also have fingers crossed for some form of 30k Eldar intervention but this is HH and no one trusts those filthy Xenos anyway, right?!

·
Registered
253 Posts
He is on Bolter and Chainsword... he posts in the Black Library thread a ton...

He posted this spoiler and I was impressed.

I would love to get back to some HH. Vengeful Spirit was really the only other book I was interested in.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I want it so bad for that reason alone. Of all the Legions, they've had the fewest and worst portrayals so far in the series. I desperately want a full Legion novel of them from one of the big three you just mentioned.
Oh, man. Then I have some bad news for you, AoB! Master of Mankind changed and shifted from those plans a few years back, and the main character is a Custodian.

I'll lay wreaths at the altar of your hopes and dreams, with many apologies.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
So the Blood Angels are still stuck with he who shan't be named.

KEK

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, man. Then I have some bad news for you, AoB! Master of Mankind changed and shifted from those plans a few years back, and the main character is a Custodian.

Ah well. I'll continue to wait. Someday!!!

Is my favourite Custodian Amon going to make an appearance at least? I'm not quite sure why I like that guy so much, just like it when he pops up in the odd novel here and there.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Love that scene.

Is my favourite Custodian Amon going to make an appearance at least? I'm not quite sure why I like that guy so much, just like it when he pops up in the odd novel here and there.
The only two Custodian characters of note, apart from the squad in The First Heretic, are Valdor and Amon. And Valdor is a dick. So I kinda get why people like Amon, he's a Custodian but he's also cool.

LotN

·
Registered
1,764 Posts

That's still cool...but still I am sad

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Interesting, I wonder if its Amon, they have kinda built him up.

Iddle speculation: Due to Magnus' interest in Amon, Ive started to wonder if he is the one fated to die at Horus' hands to ensure the Emperor kills his errant son.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Love that scene.

The only two Custodian characters of note, apart from the squad in The First Heretic, are Valdor and Amon. And Valdor is a dick. So I kinda get why people like Amon, he's a Custodian but he's also cool.

LotN
Valdor is the one in charge of the Custodians, right?

The problem is, the Custodians were shown to be "amazing" one on one, but then nearly every named Traitor Astartes appears to be able to nerf them easily. It's all a bit annoying really.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Valdor is the one in charge of the Custodians, right?

The problem is, the Custodians were shown to be "amazing" one on one, but then nearly every named Traitor Astartes appears to be able to nerf them easily. It's all a bit annoying really.
Yeah he is.

Not really. One Custodian killed multiple Word Bearers Chapter Masters, Masters of Sanctity and Captains on his own before being killed by Lorgar.

LotN

1 - 20 of 56 Posts