Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Allowe me to puke if it's another LE crappy anthology. But the cover looks nice and it's nice with the continuity of Mortarions apperance. No idea what's it's about other which authors that will feature in it.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mortys one handsome devil, while I want some more novels as well, at least my DG seem to be gettin a tad more love.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Horus Heresy: Chirurgeon.

The Story:
In its earliest days, the III Legion was blighted by a genetic flaw that threatened to end the Phoenician’s bloodline forever. Fortunately, through tireless effort and the miracle of the primarch’s own genetic perfection, visionaries like Apothecary Fabius were able to halt the corruption and restore the Emperor’s Children to their former glory. Except, it would seem, that a terrible secret has been kept from the rest of the Legion, and the threat of further degeneration is quite real...
Read it because:
Fabius Bile, the notorious and diabolical Chaos Space Marine, is the epitome of deceit and perversion. In this grim tale, he tries to cure his debilitating sickness. And the secret at the end will startle you just as much as the surgical scenes.

This actually looks interesting and I think Nikc Kyme managed with the short Imperfection.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Horus Heresy: Twisted.

The Story:
Since he was crippled by rebel treachery on Sixty-Three Nineteen, Maloghurst ‘the Twisted’ has continued to serve Warmaster Horus as his closest aide and confidant. His loyalty has remained constant, but the XVI Legion has changed – rivalry and personal ambition run rife, and although Horus’s authority is supreme, his equerry’s is certainly not. When a daemonic plot to infest the Vengeful Spirit comes to light, Maloghurst reluctantly turns to the few allies he has left: the mysterious Davinites.
Read it because:
You just can’t beat a good mystery, and Twisted delivers one with plenty of suspense and cunning. Maloghurst, equerry to the Warmaster, is searching out the culprits who have brought aboard vile spirits. His resolve to see things to the climatic end is shocking.

Elaborating on this character is actually interesting. Hopefully the concept will succeed.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Horus Heresy: Wolf Mother.

The Story:
Aboard the Molech’s Enlightenment, amongst the countless civilian refugees that fled the Warmaster’s invasion, a serpent makes its nest. The Chaos cult that brought House Devine to its knees lives on, preying upon the weak and the helpless, and it falls to Alivia Sureka to root out the evil that hides in plain sight. Luckily for her, she has an ally who is more than familiar with such tactics – the lone wolf Knight Errant, Severian.
Read it because:
This is a tense rescue mission. The immortal Alivia Sureka teams up with the Space Marine Severian to fight a wicked Serpent God cult. They’re the perfect team, mixing superb hunting prowess with ferocious fighting. And Sureka’s actions to save her daughter really drive the moral home - don’t step between a wolf and her cub.

I have my doubts since I did not like The Outcast Dead/Wolf Hunt and Vengeful Spirit has had terrible reviews. Mixing those two together makes me doubtful.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Daemonlogy and Black Occulus are a part of it as well. I dislike that they sold them one and one first and THEN sold them collectively. This is the reason why I wait before I buy anything from BL anymore since they are, excuse my expression, dicking around with their customers.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Fabius Bile is the most under used of all the Chaos characters, and should have had his own novel long before now. Hopefully he gets similar treatment to Ahriman and Abbadon in the near future.
And hopefully Josh Reynolds will be the one giving him that treatment, seriously listen to his audio Repairer of Ruin, it's excellent.

LotN

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fabius Bile is the most under used of all the Chaos characters, and should have had his own novel long before now. Hopefully he gets similar treatment to Ahriman and Abbadon in the near future.
He does make a small appeareance at the end of Talon of Horus and could pontetially be a part of the Black Legions creation. I do remember a snippet he is the one who taught Abaddon how to create Bezerkers in a Codex. I think he is most easily written as a background character or antagonist considering how evil he is always.

And hopefully Josh Reynolds will be the one giving him that treatment, seriously listen to his audio Repairer of Ruin, it's excellent.

LotN
I would completely agree. Both the written stuff and the acting is excellente.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I just downloaded and read "Chirurgeon" because the IIIrd Legion is the one I'm most invested in. It's really good, I feel. I've always felt kind of "meh" about Fabius as a character and never really got why he basically became this surgeon obsessed with improving the flesh. I also never really understood why he always looks like a grandpa in every image of him. However, this little story really breaths life into his character and goes a long way to explaining such things.

Angel Exerminatus and Reflection Crack'd really hurt the IIIrd legion in my eyes, but this and "Imperfect" have really gone a ways to convince me that the traitor Emperor's Children can still have more depth of character than "WOOOOOOOOO EXCESS EVERYTHING!!!" which frankly gets boring very very quickly.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
The Horus Heresy: Chirurgeon.

The Story:
In its earliest days, the III Legion was blighted by a genetic flaw that threatened to end the Phoenician’s bloodline forever. Fortunately, through tireless effort and the miracle of the primarch’s own genetic perfection, visionaries like Apothecary Fabius were able to halt the corruption and restore the Emperor’s Children to their former glory. Except, it would seem, that a terrible secret has been kept from the rest of the Legion, and the threat of further degeneration is quite real...
Read it because:
Fabius Bile, the notorious and diabolical Chaos Space Marine, is the epitome of deceit and perversion. In this grim tale, he tries to cure his debilitating sickness. And the secret at the end will startle you just as much as the surgical scenes.

This actually looks interesting and I think Nikc Kyme managed with the short Imperfection.
Any other spoilers? Seems pretty interesting. I think the flaw in the 3rd legion was always a good mystery and never thought it would be revealed. It seemed something that would remain a mystery for fluff purposes.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Ok, let's see if this works

I think the story does a good job of showing how Fabius became the mad scientist obsessed with improving/fixing the Astartes, rather than what it was before where he was just assumed to be an evil asshole since forever and you had to wonder "how did no one spot this?"

It's worth a read. As I said, it made me actually engage with the character of Fabius, which is a first!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts