Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooooo what was Horus going to do once he killed the Emperor and realized that the Astronomicon was no longer a thing?

Could Magnus have done something to keep it open?

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
Also.

Iam sure the Gods of Chaos would provide there own version of the Astrnomicon, The Warp is their realm after all.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
The pantheon don't care otherwise they'd remove the need for the followers to have a geller field on at all times when in the warp and the need to find stable warp routes.

·
Registered
470 Posts
There is some old lore about Chaos Navigators that Navigate via another signal. I can find second hand references on the internet; not on in any books though.
Perhaps the chaos navigators are themselves possessed.

There is also the possibility that Horus had access the the STC for building the navigation beacons the humans of the Age of Technology used to navigate the warp.

·
Deathwing Commissar
1,846 Posts
I think this is a non-topic. The Traitor Legions and other Chaos forces have been going through the Warp quite successfully with sorcerers instead of Navigators for, oh, about ten millennia now.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
In Execution Hour, the Planet Killer navigates through the warp by using the fear radiating off from Belatis as a beacon. Which is kinda ironic, the more afraid they got, the more surely their impending doom would arrive.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think this is a non-topic. The Traitor Legions and other Chaos forces have been going through the Warp quite successfully with sorcerers instead of Navigators for, oh, about ten millennia now.
Ehh, not exactly "successfully". When I read about CSM warp travel it is very random as to where they will appear in real space, very unpredictable.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Perhaps the chaos navigators are themselves possessed.
They could be. But they don't have to be. As Malus points out, the Night Lords of 10th Company are directed by a non-possessed navigator who has little trouble navigating without the Astronomicon.

Ehh, not exactly "successfully". When I read about CSM warp travel it is very random as to where they will appear in real space, very unpredictable.
At the very least it's no less successful than the Imperium's use of the Astronomicon. But even then, it's far less likely to result in their deaths and has been repeatedly used to slip Imperial blockades so I'd call it pretty successful.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Chaos is doing the bidding of the Gods. Why would anything in the warp impede their servants from doing their will? Other than Tzeentch most of the gods dont' fuck with their servants. If Khorne's forces are going on a blood crusade, the least of their problems will be warp travel. Basically Chaos forces don't need the astronomicon.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Chaos is doing the bidding of the Gods. Why would anything in the warp impede their servants from doing their will? Other than Tzeentch most of the gods dont' fuck with their servants. If Khorne's forces are going on a blood crusade, the least of their problems will be warp travel. Basically Chaos forces don't need the astronomicon.
The problem is the warp isn't populated by the 4 gods' demons it's populated by multiple forms, many unaligned. That being said I imagine the gods do protect their followers, but why would you entrust your self 100% into the hands a demonic beings prone to forgetting about their followers?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts