Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I finally decided to make a chaos army.

So i chose to do Iron Warriors. but wanting to do some thing different i want to do a character from a book, I love the Idea of Honsou, commander of the Iron Warriors scouting company in the book "storm of Iron". However i have lost said book.

Can someone please find a description of Honsou for me and put it on here for me? i know he has got armour sections of an Iron fist on him and can't remember where.

So if someone would be so kind:
Helmet -
Left Shoulder -
Right Shoulder -
Chest -
Waist -
Right Leg -
Left Leg -
Weapons -

If someone could fill the blanks that would be great, i can fill any gaps with improv, but i need a basis to work on. :)

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Honsou description and picture found here.... quite nice looking character actually

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm undertaking a similar army - planning to use CSM and BAC bits as well as leftovers from the Templar army I have.
Hounsou would look great with some chaos torso, normal SM legs, a chevroned shoulder and an IW shoulder, plus the obligatory catachan oversized arm!
The harder one for me is going to be M'Kar!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I like the idea of using a Catachan arm, my only concern would be that if normal power armour was used your Honsou may not 'stand out' from the remainder of yor marines? I like my characters to stand slightly taller for more emphasis but that's just me! :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ive managed to finish my honsou (more or less - just got bits and bobs to add, but the basics are done).... heres what I used:

Helmet - bare head with bionic eye from the BaC MkIV sprew. I put a tiny bit of glue on his face and jabbed it with an Xacto to make it look scarred.
Left Arm - Chaos marauder arm. Tried with a catachan arm, but it looked shit to be honest, just all out of proportion.
Right Shoulder / Arm - Black templar power sword arm (with the chains) and cut the sword off.
Chest - Iron warriors old GW upgrade torso. Its chaos enough, but not TOO chaosy.
Waist - Legs from the BaC set, but added some spikes to it. The chaos standard legs just looked a bit naff.
Weapons - I kitted him out with BaC combi melta, and the DV chosen axe head with a length of 1.5mm rod for the handle. Also added a spike to the handle end as i couldnt think of a better way to finish it. I considered giving him a standard bolter, but decided that actually he would look better with a combi.

I need to add melta bombs to him and some grenades/pouches etc, but he's basically done. Will post pics when ive finished him up.

I am struggling with matching rules to the model though. He has no mark, but has got combat familiar. Think i might add a servo arm to the CSM backpack or something, but that doesnt quite tie up with the novels. Havent decided if i care enough yet; will be painting it separate anyway so will decide when i have finished painting. Ive found it difficult to match the fluff with the model rules. He's essentially a barebones CMS lord, but I'm running him with a unit of chosen to represent the newborn and grendel and the others who attended Calth during his latest jaunt.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Ive managed to finish my honsou (more or less - just got bits and bobs to add, but the basics are done).... heres what I used:

Helmet - bare head with bionic eye from the BaC MkIV sprew. I put a tiny bit of glue on his face and jabbed it with an Xacto to make it look scarred.
Left Arm - Chaos marauder arm. Tried with a catachan arm, but it looked shit to be honest, just all out of proportion.
Right Shoulder / Arm - Black templar power sword arm (with the chains) and cut the sword off.
Chest - Iron warriors old GW upgrade torso. Its chaos enough, but not TOO chaosy.
Waist - Legs from the BaC set, but added some spikes to it. The chaos standard legs just looked a bit naff.
Weapons - I kitted him out with BaC combi melta, and the DV chosen axe head with a length of 1.5mm rod for the handle. Also added a spike to the handle end as i couldnt think of a better way to finish it. I considered giving him a standard bolter, but decided that actually he would look better with a combi.

I need to add melta bombs to him and some grenades/pouches etc, but he's basically done. Will post pics when ive finished him up.

I am struggling with matching rules to the model though. He has no mark, but has got combat familiar. Think i might add a servo arm to the CSM backpack or something, but that doesnt quite tie up with the novels. Havent decided if i care enough yet; will be painting it separate anyway so will decide when i have finished painting. Ive found it difficult to match the fluff with the model rules. He's essentially a barebones CMS lord, but I'm running him with a unit of chosen to represent the newborn and grendel and the others who attended Calth during his latest jaunt.

Hope that helps.
Any update @Brother Dextus? Looking forward to seeing your work on this!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Any update @Brother Dextus ? Looking forward to seeing your work on this!
Hey Gorthol, check out my Project Log, I posted up some of my unpainted true scale minis including Honsou, Grendel and The Newborn ... link in footer below.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts