Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok i have decided to write a log of the creation of my circus orks. I have already kinda started by painting up a few (4) normal orks to look like clowns here are 2 that I’m quite proud of. The other 2 are at my bros house so they will have to wait for another time.

Sorry about the poor quality i just couldn’t get the light right

Ive also started work on ring master “Honka” himself however i hit a couple of snags with him which leads me to a couple of top tips.

1. Cheap glue is not your friend. For the sake of a couple of quid by the better ones or you could end up sitting for half an hour waiting to dry. And it will most likely not end up where you want it.

2.If you buy a new modelling knife remember to buy plasters as well as you will most likely need them.

3. DONT RUB YOUR EYES WHEN GLUING. This applies also when painting.

But anyway here is how “Honka” looks at the moment he is missing a power claw and his ring master cane is crooked. Also i need to buy some green stuff to finish key parts of him like his hat and fill the gaps on his arm.

I was also planning on giving him a big fake moustache like the ring masters usually have

so theres a start hopefully i will be updating soon if you have any suggestions or questions i would love to hear them.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Now when I said "disturbed and humourous", I wasn't expecting this!

Nice clown hat mate. And I agree - Honka needs a moustache. Or at the very least, a grot disguised as a moustache.:)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
i will get them off you at a later date grim and i can upload them with a further completed Honka

and yes they are troll armsbut i might change the left arm im not so keen on it

and decrepit i was thinking of having a grot following him carrying honka's shoota. so the grot could have a moustache as well or a mini top hat ....OR BOTH ooooohhh

·
Registered
726 Posts
Comedy armies are great - as long as they are well done. Your concept and execution of the models is great - truely evil clowns.

Of course, you need a battlewagon that looks like the classic clown car - complete with doors falling off. Maybe even a squiggoth cleverly disguised as an elephant............. :grin:
You could also create rules for the battlewagon that means it spawns a seemingly unending supply of Circus Orks.

Looking forward to seeing the moustacheod Honka, keep up the good work

·
Registered
12 Posts
Comedy armies are great - as long as they are well done. Your concept and execution of the models is great - truely evil clowns.

Of course, you need a battlewagon that looks like the classic clown car - complete with doors falling off. Maybe even a squiggoth cleverly disguised as an elephant............. :grin:
Maybe for that elephant the trunk could be made from the Shok attack gun snotling hose.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
heya honka update i finally got some green stuff so i have made honka a hat and tash. again sorry about the rubbish quality pictures

im waiting on his power claw so i can replace his left arm.

also as he isnt carrying his gun here is his assistant bladkric

he carrys honka's gun into battle and extra ammo

and here is honkas gun

once all the green stuff has dried i will need to tidy up and put more detail into the green stuff

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Very very cool. Your first clown certainly looks the part and honka and is sidekick look excellent. I am particularly taken with the bowler hat. My only suggestion is that you need to either armor up or gs the join between honka's upper arms and the mega nob body. At the moment it is easy to see that the arms are from a much larger model than the body.
Most impressive

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok people sorry for the long delay there has been a problem has occured.
turns out i have an allergy to super glue, so till my special mask turns up i cant glue stuff together. so i have painted bits and stripped new bought models.

so here are the updates

My only suggestion is that you need to either armor up or gs the join between honka's upper arms and the mega nob body. At the moment it is easy to see that the arms are from a much larger model than the body.
Most impressive

as you can see i took this advice and made honka some shoulder pads... well he does have 2 but the other one fell off as i was taking the picture

next up is a grot with a wig i plan to paint it multicoloured hes the only grot i got so um he might be a bit lonely.

next up is the ork boys line up i got the original 2 next to the new 2. there also looking a bit lonely.

here is bladkrick all painted up ready to follow honka into battle. but he needs some flocking for his base before he is done

here we have a couple of ork bodys and a selection of heads that have been painted waiting to be glued.

and here is a tank i got recently its an old one but it will make a very pretty looted wagon.

thats all for now but dont worry there is a jar full or orks and dettol down stairs waiting to join the cause hopefully will have an new update soon

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Honka is such an original idea. I love it. Nice job on the sculpting, I can't wait to see how he looks when he's finished.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts