Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Me and a few mates are going to have a 40k weekend in the near future, so I'm working on some background to it with one of them. Thought I'd share some stuff here, and maybe get your ideas on some things.

I think the arrangement will be a Gothic game or two, followed up with planetstrike, and then some 1v1 scenarios, deciding the ultimate set up for a 3 way apoc game.

We've got Traitor, Taut, Elder and Imperial players involved.

I'm putting up the map I've made so far, it's obviously incomplete, but I thought I'd share it anyway. I made the planets on PhotoShop while working on a board game with the same friend. We do need a bit of help with names and fluff, if anyone wants to write anything...

Attachments

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Planet "Dicksplosion" looked quite interesting--why the name change to "Armun"? Ah well, Armun is close enough, in my mind, to Amun, the Egyptian god of fertility... practically the same thing!

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lol, for some reason (perhaps worryingly) dicksplosion was the first word that popped into my head at the time.

Made this tonight for the fb group

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
You could always go with a war between the Tau and Eldar has spilled into the system and threatening the planets there. Imperial forces have been sent to protect the worlds from being destroyed or conquered by the xenos races. Upon arrival Imperial forces find the taint of Chaos on Armun and are to destroy the traitors by using local loyal forces and loyal forces from near by planets. As well as search and destroy any taint of chaos on the other planets.

Anyway it sounds fun I wish I had a local group of friends to play a campaign like this.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, today I wrote the Tau intro that the two tau players will be shown before anything else, which explains some of the background.

The general concept is that an inquisitor has come to this world to investigate rumours of a dark artefact, finds that everyone is rolling in mad xenos tech, suspects the tau. Basically, the tau have integrated themselves into society on Bastion.

The tau have a trade mission there, and are also interested in the artefact, and have called in reinforcements to help against the inevitable imperial reinforcement/invasion.

Iron Warriors are on their way to get the artefact, elder are there to stop them.

On the classified moon, there's an imperial test facility with some... creatures...

Also updated map and cover photo

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I need some help visualising something. I need to send a message to the eldar player, what background should I use? Bone.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finished the galaxy map. I'd appreciate thoughts on the text.

Also, I have a layered version in PhotoShop, if people would like a stripped down copy for themselves.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
wow. can't find nothing amiss. The text is good. seems to be lots of fun!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts