Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really love the the Ork Mek Guns but at £28 each I won't be buying one for a while. Thought I'd have a go at making one to use for now. Please let me know what you think.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Well it ain't finished. Being new to Orks I am hoping for some inspiration very soon. Don't own any bitz so it could take a while.

See there is your problem your not thinking like an ork. You has bits I see that quad gun in the background. you just need to look at them in a different way an orky way. Orks use everything they just improve it to make it their won. I know you collect chaos so I am sure there are things laying around you aren't using. Maybe a couple tires off a warbike your not using and a drink straw becomes the wheels and axle for your gun or get creative and use some defiler claws. Take some left over sprue, a little plasticard glue on some marine shoulder pads you have laying around as trophies and bang you have a gun shield for your gun. NOw you need some worky gubbins on that thing but you don't want it to look like you randomly glued crap to it. YOu want it to look like it would work. Chaos tank driver bodies have vents and tubes on them. Glue a few of those on. See what else you can find trim and shape to make it look like a working machine Tau stuff is great for this. You can also trade for bits you need or buy them. I hit ebay and buy people bits boxes or sometimes bits suppliers will have buy a bag which is just random stuff in a bag which is always a good way to get bits. So don't throw out anything that looks like it might be useful. Scrap wires, tubing bottle caps, lots of stuff can be used. Search the internet lots of good ork conversions look at what they did to get inspiration.

So stop thinking rationally and think like an ork. Orks do it they don't think about it. Finking is for Umies. So get to bashing dat gun together we got heads to bust. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
See there is your problem your not thinking like an ork. You has bits I see that quad gun in the background. you just need to look at them in a different way an orky way. Orks use everything they just improve it to make it their won. I know you collect chaos so I am sure there are things laying around you aren't using. Maybe a couple tires off a warbike your not using and a drink straw becomes the wheels and axle for your gun or get creative and use some defiler claws. Take some left over sprue, a little plasticard glue on some marine shoulder pads you have laying around as trophies and bang you have a gun shield for your gun. NOw you need some worky gubbins on that thing but you don't want it to look like you randomly glued crap to it. YOu want it to look like it would work. Chaos tank driver bodies have vents and tubes on them. Glue a few of those on. See what else you can find trim and shape to make it look like a working machine Tau stuff is great for this. You can also trade for bits you need or buy them. I hit ebay and buy people bits boxes or sometimes bits suppliers will have buy a bag which is just random stuff in a bag which is always a good way to get bits. So don't throw out anything that looks like it might be useful. Scrap wires, tubing bottle caps, lots of stuff can be used. Search the internet lots of good ork conversions look at what they did to get inspiration.

So stop thinking rationally and think like an ork. Orks do it they don't think about it. Finking is for Umies. So get to bashing dat gun together we got heads to bust. :biggrin:

This! You surely have the bitz needed, just look at everything like an ork. Any broken toys in the attic? Some bolts and screws in the garage? Now there you have it!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No pressure then... let me see what I can do. At the moment I'm trying to paint Orks and it's not going too well!

It could be a Traktor Kannon sponsored by Chaos. Abaddon allowed the Mek access to his stash in return for their help in defeating the Imperium.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts