Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
"• Blessing of the void dragon: The blessing of the Void Dragon is an ability that allows the Destroyer lord to temporarily assume control of an enemy vehicle. At the beginning of the Necron Player’s turn, choose an enemy vehicle within 12” of the Destroyer lord. Roll 2D6 and add 6 to the result. If the combined total is above the target vehicle’s armour value, the destroyer lord assumes control of the vehicle. He may move, shoot and assault (if it is a walker) for the duration of the Necron Player’s turn. When the Destroyer lord releases control of the vehicle, place him within 12” of the vehicle."

you do realize that the average roll is 13, ( are we talking about front side or rear armor or does it always go against the front?) either way, i think that is a little over powered dontcha think.

I think you are over complicating things. but rep for the attempt at fixing the codex it is something that needs to be done, it is something that needs to be done.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
"• Blessing of the void dragon: The blessing of the Void Dragon is an ability that allows the Destroyer lord to temporarily assume control of an enemy vehicle. At the beginning of the Necron Player’s turn, choose an enemy vehicle within 12” of the Destroyer lord. Roll 2D6 and add 6 to the result. If the combined total is above the target vehicle’s armour value, the destroyer lord assumes control of the vehicle. He may move, shoot and assault (if it is a walker) for the duration of the Necron Player’s turn. When the Destroyer lord releases control of the vehicle, place him within 12” of the vehicle."

you do realize that the average roll is 13, ( are we talking about front side or rear armor or does it always go against the front?) either way, i think that is a little over powered dontcha think.

I think you are over complicating things. but rep for the attempt at fixing the codex it is something that needs to be done, it is something that needs to be done.
i am still tweaking this, but i think that i will make each successful posession take away 1 wound

Lord
Few Obelisks
Spam Warriors
Game. Set. Match.

Far too overpowered, sorry.
bear in mind its wip and obelisks are going to be a maximum of 2 per army

Your Gauss rules are simply too good in their current form. The -1 on the Damage Table means any squad can, and will, destroy any vehicle of any size.

Giving them all 24" Assault 2 guns pretty much guarantees this. There's not need to take any kind of diverse force or to build an interesting army as simply lots of Warriors will do everything.

You've made them much much better at shooting but taken away their major disadvantage by giving them all Defensive grenades, Stubborn and more teleporting out of combat with cheap Obelisks. It just has that kind of fandex feel, remove all the bad things, make them awesome.

At least make their weapons Rapid Fire again and give them Relentless instead.

Aramoro
ok thanks for the feedback, it just helps me to improve

its comin along well so far, but whats a tomb sentinal and for the essence of the nightbringer wargear it should cost alot of points or ppl will bitch that u can just get a lord and give him that and forgo getting the point expensive c'tan version
A tomb sentinel is a bipedal walker with a shoulder mounted gauss excoriator and two arms
essence of the nightbringer is still incomplete, but it will cost in the region of 160 pts

as i said, thank you all for the feedback, even if it is negative, it helps me to improve them
any feedback on the new things like tomb sentinels and blessings would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
45 Posts
hey mcmuffin was wondering if u were gonna update this homebrew anymore?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts