Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K just got to home brewing this guy for use in friendly games and want to know the general consensus on ponts cost for him.
Captain Tartarus of the 14th co.
stat line of a space marine captain (too lazy to write it out).

Equipment:
-Axe of the Hydra: a massive two handed axe, known to cleave even the strongest of opponents in two counts as: Master crafted relic blade
- Bolter+bolt pistol
-Mk3 Iron armor(counts as artificer armor)
-iron halo

Special Rules:
-Advance Operational intel: The Alpha legion is known to use intel gathered from operatives, often locals who know the lie of the land. There knowledge is used to set up ambushes putting the enemy into killing fields allowing the assault of the entire legion to be put to its best with minimum losses. Before you deploy declare that he will be using this rule, when using this rule attach tartarus to any infantry unit in your army. now pick any piece of area terrain, DO NOT disclose this particular piece of terrain to your enemy, simply write it down so you don't just pick the one you like when its convenient. When Tartarus and his unit become available from reserve deploy them inside the area terrain you selected, any models within 1" of an enemy in the same terrain are destroyed, They act as if they just came on from a table edge (I.E. they may move shoot and assault if available).
-Chapter tactics: Stealth and Secrecy; the entire army must replace Combat Tactics with Infiltrate and Stealth (+1 to cover saves)

I was thinking putting him around 220-250 points but give me your thoughts.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hellooo any body home

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
We'll respond as and when we desire. 13 hours is not a long time to wait. I suggest you go through Heresy's Archives to see un-responded posts so far to see that.

Just wondering - is this AL army using Codex: Space Marines?

Chapter Tactics is alright, and the special rule is okay. I'd limit the units it's available to though - Terminators and the like etc could make that a bit broken.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
k i'll rewrite the rule so only units in power armor can use his special rule, super sneaky assault termies could be pretty mean:laugh:

and yes this is using codex space marines

1 - 5 of 5 Posts