Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow heretics, hear me!

One of my favorite aspects of the hobby and, I feel, most underappreciated or underutilized is homebrewing.

I plan to create a simple website that serves as a compendium for homebrew units/rules for 40k. The idea is to accept submissions from players and host them on my site. From there, visitors/members will be able to rate the units and leave comments to facilitate discussions on how to fix or modify the unit.

People will be able to download dataslates of these homebrew units so they can have the rules handy to play with their friends and gaming groups, or just browse through submissions to come up with ideas of their own.

By no means will the compendium be limited to units. Formations, missions, campaigns; there are many potential avenues to explore and this community is incredibly creative and passionate.

I don't anticipate this will be wildly popular, but I want to do what I can to encourage other hobbyists to venture outside of the very limiting and at times frustrating confines of what GW has given us. After all, geedubs themselves encourage us to forge the narrative and take our gaming into our own hands.

Does this sound like something you'd be interested in? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
It sounds like a cool idea. But I admit it's an idea I have about zero use for. I don't play anymore, I just don't have the time. So I would never go to such a site other than in the context of, "Hey cool, Venomlust got it going."

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Aye, sounds like a good idea. I'd probably use it if there was some 30k stuff up there or some missions.

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts
Sure, not sure how many visitors you will get, i mean i've ventured into the realm of homebrews a few times in the past and found many times they are some of the least populated areas of whatever forum i'm on. That said, my apocalypse group has several units which we'd come up with houserules for in the past and have ended up with datasheets that the group feel are fair.
I'll be sure to drop some in once you are up and running.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sure, not sure how many visitors you will get, i mean i've ventured into the realm of homebrews a few times in the past and found many times they are some of the least populated areas of whatever forum i'm on. That said, my apocalypse group has several units which we'd come up with houserules for in the past and have ended up with datasheets that the group feel are fair.
I'll be sure to drop some in once you are up and running.
Yeah, they're definitely some of the least-visited parts of the various 40k forums. Even if the group of people down with homebrew is relatively small, at least there will be a central location to access/comment on them. I'm gonna try to "advertise" as well, for what it's worth, when the time comes. I look forward to seeing your units when the site is running!

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Update: got the domain name and my buddy's hosting it for me. Just gotta learn wordpress and we're in business.
WordPress is pretty easy. I'm sure you'll be fine. There's a pretty big community of users too so search/bookmark and keep'em handy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts