Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
My response was much the same, except wow wasn't the word I used. It had four letters and would be blanked out if I posted it.

LotN

·
Registered
455 Posts
My response was much the same, except wow wasn't the word I used. It had four letters and would be blanked out if I posted it.

LotN

Fish? Slug? Floob? Blark?
Hmm...I can't work it out.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm hallucinating, but is that a new set of Terminators? Like...new...with multiparts?!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm almost positive that it's the same Terminator Kit, packaged with the Terminator Lord sprue.

Just like the other box is just repackaging the same cultists and the Dark Vengeance Chosen Champion.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There *are* some other rumors that suggest late 2016 for new units.

Frankly, the Terminators and Termi-Lord don't need new kits. They already have a decent amount of upgrades, considering how underused Terminators are to begin with.

Let them save their efforts for kits that need it, like plastic cult troops.

·
Registered
455 Posts
There *are* some other rumors that suggest late 2016 for new units.

Frankly, the Terminators and Termi-Lord don't need new kits. They already have a decent amount of upgrades, considering how underused Terminators are to begin with.

Let them save their efforts for kits that need it, like plastic cult troops.

I actually have nightmares about Chaos Termies.
I was once playing a 2v2 game with my friends. I had my Eldar army and my friend had his chaos guys. He had a unit of close combat termies which he decided to park in the centre of the battlefield.
He just left them there. Our opponents picked them off one by one and he didn't move them. Why didn't he send them into combat?! WHY!? I kept telling him to send them in, but he said that he had a plan for them. What kind of plan?! They all died. This happened 8 years ago and I'm still upset by it.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I actually have nightmares about Chaos Termies.
I was once playing a 2v2 game with my friends. I had my Eldar army and my friend had his chaos guys. He had a unit of close combat termies which he decided to park in the centre of the battlefield.
He just left them there. Our opponents picked them off one by one and he didn't move them. Why didn't he send them into combat?! WHY!? I kept telling him to send them in, but he said that he had a plan for them. What kind of plan?! They all died. This happened 8 years ago and I'm still upset by it.
Gotta make them feel complacent so you can catch them off guard! I'll bet those guys got haunted SO BAD later on.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Eh, it paves the way for them being in the next Campaign book to get a Decurion/Combi-Detachment along with I suspect Grey Knights, and chances are it'll be better than the Ork or Imperial Guard ones, so yeah, thumbs up.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I just wonder if they bothered to change anything in those supplements. I already have the Crimson Slaughter book and I don't feel like shelling out another $50 if nothing has changed....

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Well, it's something. Maybe now people will actually start buying more Chaos.
Or GW could, you know, release new models of characters that at this point badly need re-sculpts; Kharn, Abaddon, Ahriman, Typhus & Lucius are ok but could also use a touch up, or a new codex, or a chaos imperial knight like thing, a NEW landraider of Chaos origins, drop pods...

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Or GW could, you know, release new models of characters that at this point badly need re-sculpts; Kharn, Abaddon, Ahriman, Typhus & Lucius are ok but could also use a touch up, or a new codex, or a chaos imperial knight like thing, a NEW landraider of Chaos origins, drop pods...
In other words, they could act like they give a damn instead of just releasing a few formations and call it a day.

GW could be printing money right now and instead they are 4 days late with the worlds worst April Fools joke.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I just wonder if they bothered to change anything in those supplements. I already have the Crimson Slaughter book and I don't feel like shelling out another $50 if nothing has changed....

If it is like the Ork one they just did, they will fold some of the random WD and campaign formations into it, add a over priced 'decurion' option, and call it a day.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Something to note, at the very least the 'Chosen of Abaddon' was already done in Pandorax, so they're starting to reuse the Apoc formations now.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Forgeworld already did the Chaos Knight, and GW and FW don't step on each other's toes.

You won't get a new Land Raider because GW has decided that CSM are not going to be spiky loyalists. You'll get the tanks that are already there, but so far it looks like any new 'vehicle' will be a dino bot demonically-blended monstrosity, to make them obviously not spiky legions.

And CSM will cry forever because they can't have toys like marines can.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Its a shame that this is the direction they've chosen. Especially with the great Sigmar Chaos sculpts. Hopefully this does pave the way for new sculpts of the big names.

Actually, now I'm curious, what was the last new model for CSM? Was it that Aspiring Champion?

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
"Updates".
Pretty much. :laugh:

Still, why couldn't they have released that Cultist box when I still gave a fuck about CSM?
Been debating if I should get out the unfinished Nurgle marines and have another go at the army. But then I started painting my Bolt Action Germans...... :laugh:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts