Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Last mission of SC2, when the map goes "NYDUS WORMS, NYDUS WORMS EVERYWHERE", squads of Celestians armed with Flamers and Meltas come down in a blaze of glory with specially modified (read: every weapon mount has either a Heavy Flamer or a Multi-Melta stuck on it) Valkyries and start mopping up the place right and proper. Sure, Reapers do a great job with some half-decent micro, but thats just not the same as a decisive map-moppin' with scary nuns with flamers.

Or, if its not necessarily Imperials, then I would have been overwhelmed with joy if a Tyranid Hive Fleet started spraying the UED base with Snot Pods filled with 'fexes and 'gaunts and other stompin' chompin' Tyranid goodness in the last Zerg mission of Brood War. Most annoying enemy base to destroy EVER.

EDIT: Oh and what Sullen One said. I'd love to see some artwork with some Sisters and veteran IG laughing at one or two Marines who got stuck on some rooftop they destroyed when their Drop Pod rolled a nasty scatter and they couldn't go down the stairs and there were no functioning elevators... :p

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
King Kong: They find an unknown island, mysteriously walled and ominously silent. They suddenly hear a mighty roar from Kong, so in goes the Eversor. Two days later King Kong's head gets thrown over the wall and the tribesmen are just little piles of mince.

Midnight

·
Registered
378 Posts
In Jurassic park, If a marine with a thunder hammer jumped out the bushes and started smashing up some dinos, That would be freaking epic!

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'd be quiet joyous to seeing some Chaos Space Marine Berserkers in any zombie film.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Terminator - Arnie kills a Space Marine Terminator for copyright infringement.

Dog Soldiers - Space Marines get their heads ripped off by Werewolves in Kilts.

Battlestar Galactica - All the Space Marines get whacked by a Computer Virus with only the Dark Angels surviving because their version of the virus got wiped out for knowing about the Fallen.

Richard III - Space Marines get crushed by a Tank.

The God Emperor of Didcot - Space Marines get hosed down by concentrated tea.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Oh that reminds me, I'd like to see terminators in Aliens

·
Registered
460 Posts
Halo: I wouldn't mind seeing the Flood and a Tyranid invasion force fight it out.

Call of Duty: Being turned into a space marine for a little while would be a nice reward for a kill streak.

Jurassic Park: Catachans v Raptors (with the possibility of space marines riding rexes)

TES Morrowind: It would have been nice to play as an inquisitor on a mission to execute the Tribunal for heresy. (I might play through that anyway now)

A Street Fighter-esque fighting game for the various special characters in 40K.

Star Wars: Magnus destroys the deathstar through sheer force of will

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Sixth sense re-mastered:

Cole Sear: I see dead people.

Malcolm Crowe: In your dreams?

[Cole shakes his head no]

Malcolm Crowe: While you're awake?

[Cole nods]

Malcolm Crowe: Dead people like, in graves? In coffins?

Cole Sear: no...usually stuck on the end of my chainsword, hanging out of exploding vehicles, strewn over ruins with bolter rounds in their skulls....

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Forget Space Marines, just have the Squats show up. The game immediately crashes and the CD no longer functions when you try to turn it back on.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Shepard is in Mass effect 2 not Modern warfare
Umm, no, sorry, there's a Shepard in MW2, if you played it and beat it you would have known, lol, he was referring to the end where you threw that knife into Shepards head.

the Shepard your thinking off is completely off, but, he's still there, in a different game.

·
Registered
134 Posts
the Quake series!
Space marines come and help humantiy defeat the Strogg, then they look up.
Space marines:they followed us!
GDF trooper:what is it?
Space marines:Tyranids.
GDF trooper::(

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Space marine terminators deep striking into the middle of combat, in defence of humanity, during the battle of Gondor in The Lord of the Rings.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Just imagine the Imperium in Doctor Who...

When the humans were fighting Hath on Messaline for example. Even IG would have beaten those fish people in the numbers they'd be sent in. Tunnel Rats having a use FTW!

·
Registered
306 Posts
I thought everyone knew, all media includes the Imperium...Alpha Legion is everywhere

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Space marine terminators deep striking into the middle of combat, in defence of humanity, during the battle of Gondor in The Lord of the Rings.
Oh dear god, yes.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts