Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was playing Dead Space 2 earlier today, because I enjoy being scared out of my mind. Sitting there, aiming my flashlight into dark corners, praying that nothing jumped down behind me from the vents overhead, sweating just a little because of how low on ammo I was...I suddenly thought, "God, I really wish an Ultramarine would just crash through the wall over there and start laying waste to the necromorphs with a boltgun and power claw."

This of course got me thinking about other games, stories and movies where it'd be awesome/hilarious if, out of nowhere, the Imperium suddenly showed up to save the day. If you could pick a movie/game/book/TV show, what would it be? How exactly would it all go down?

·
Registered
603 Posts
So I was playing Dead Space 2 earlier today, because I enjoy being scared out of my mind. Sitting there, aiming my flashlight into dark corners, praying that nothing jumped down behind me from the vents overhead, sweating just a little because of how low on ammo I was...I suddenly thought, "God, I really wish an Ultramarine would just crash through the wall over there and start laying waste to the necromorphs with a boltgun and power claw."

This of course got me thinking about other games, stories and movies where it'd be awesome/hilarious if, out of nowhere, the Imperium suddenly showed up to save the day. If you could pick a movie/game/book/TV show, what would it be? How exactly would it all go down?
In the end of Modern Warfare 2, Crimson Fists Dreadnought comes out of nowhere and crushes Shepherd. Best. Ending. Ever.

·
Registered
262 Posts
no my brother got this game called something like Magjic and it annoyed me so much the Magjic is retarded so i just pray a Dreadnought appears and rips him to pieces :laugh: is would pay to see that

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
During the very last level of Halo: Reach, when you're all surrounded and cut off...a squad of BA Terminators teleports into the middle of it and just butchers the Elites.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
During the very last level of Halo: Reach, when you're all surrounded and cut off...a squad of BA Terminators teleports into the middle of it and just butchers the Elites.
Fuck the terminators, give me a tac squad and a thunderhawk, I want to get the fuck out of there.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fuck the terminators, give me a tac squad and a thunderhawk, I want to get the fuck out of there.
See, I'd see it as just the very beginning of an all out Imperial assault against the Covenant. Scarab vs. Imperator Titan? Not much of a contest I don't think.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Covenant vs. The Imperium of man? Fuck, no contest...

It would be cool in Halo 2 when you see that huge Covenant fleet and High Charity in space if suddenly from nowhere came a fucking Imperial fleet and began ass raping it.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
Covenant vs. The Imperium of man? Fuck, no contest...

It would be cool in Halo 2 when you see that huge Covenant fleet and High Charity in space if suddenly from nowhere came a fucking Imperial fleet and began ass raping it.
Nah, they could probably bloody up the imperial fleet a bit. Covenant ships are fucking ace. Covi supper carriers might be larger than any battle ship the imperium has.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nah, they could probably bloody up the imperial fleet a bit. Covenant ships are fucking ace. Covi supper carriers might be larger than any battle ship the imperium has.
I don't know. UNSC forces are able to, on occasion, hold their own against the Covenant. And this is without any type of void shielding, which Imperials have. Remember too, Imperial admirals have been doing this for centuries. That's experiance not even the best Covenant pilot can match.

Plus, of course...you have Space Marines. They'd board the shit out of a Covenant vessel and tear them a new one.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
The UNSC is only ever able to hold their own when they out number the covenant by a substantial margin or the captain performs some brilliant action.... Or both. Covenant basically paint space red with UNSC fleets.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Covi supper carriers might be larger than any battle ship the imperium has.
At 27 kilometers in length, yeah supercarriers are indeed bigger than any Imperial battleship. Assault carriers, on the other hand, are evenly matched with regular Imperial cruisers. (Both coming in at 5 kilometers in length.)

Though I kind of have a hard time believing supercarriers are 27 kilometers long; thats at least 17 miles. Half of that feels believable, but not the current claim.

·
Registered
262 Posts
yeah but they dont when the elite on are side seen that clip in halo 3

minion elite: sir we are outnumbered 3 to 1
leader elite: good so then it is a fair fight commence fire
now what would happen if a space marine came
minion elite: sir we are outnumbered 3 to 1
leader elite: good so then it is a fair fight commence fire
space marine: how about i just go and hope something flukey happened and i kill the hole enemy army but die in the process
leader: sure

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
This is an excellent premise, do we have to make it another halo vs 40k thread?

For mine, whilst it wouldn't improve the movie, i'd laugh my tits off if a squad of marines jumped out at the end of E.T and shot him to high heaven.

PURGE THE XENOS!!

Elliotttttt........*ack*

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
At 27 kilometers in length, yeah supercarriers are indeed bigger than any Imperial battleship. Assault carriers, on the other hand, are evenly matched with regular Imperial cruisers. (Both coming in at 5 kilometers in length.)

Though I kind of have a hard time believing supercarriers are 27 kilometers long; thats at least 17 miles. Half of that feels believable, but not the current claim.
Well, considering corvettes can dock inside of the things I could see it being that large.

covi corvette.

However, in general I would think the ships are about the same size or imperial vessels would be larger on average.

On a side note, I wonder how a covi energy projector would stack up against lances..... probably more effective. Oh well, for a different thread I suppose.

This is an excellent premise, do we have to make it another halo vs 40k thread?
It won't, just saying that if the imperial fleet jumped in and went up against the second fleet of homogenous clarity it would be decimated.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Imagine what Star Wars would be like.

Jar Jar: Meesa called Jar Jar Binks. Meesa your- *head explodes violently from bolt round*
Obi-Wan: WHAT THE FUCK?!

·
Reaper of Souls
1,303 Posts
Originally posted by Minizke1
In the end of Modern Warfare 2, Crimson Fists Dreadnought comes out of nowhere and crushes Shepherd. Best. Ending. Ever.
Shepard is in Mass effect 2 not Modern warfare

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
the inclusion of space marine in any game/movie improves it to almost infinite levels...when the space marine dies a slow painful death after doing sweet bugger all.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Gotta agree with Stella here. Personally I'd love some fluff where Space Marines get in sent in, only for some IG kill team to have go and rescue them, or better yet Sisters and IG, then they can have a laugh afterwards at the expense of the Marines.:laugh::p:yahoo:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts