Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just had a simple question.
My hive tyrant i want to be strictly shooting. Can i replace both the whip and sword and the talons with a range weapon. or only the talons???

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
its kinda a waste on this combat monster but its replace with talons and then replace with gun and talons are free

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Shooty hive tyrants are a myth, they do not exist.
Give your hive tyrant nothing but guns and he'll still own in CC almost as much as he did before (give him old adversary and he will basically be as hard in CC as he could ever get- twin bone swords makes him better, but the lash+bone sword isnt much of an addition... especially against tanks/basic infantry which I normally use mine against).

·
Registered
468 Posts
All pewpew arms on a Tyrant means you get less use out of it's alien space-brain powers.

One set of pewpew arms and one set of assault arms gives you the flexibility to break faces, shoot things, or kill or cripple with mindbullets.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
All pewpew arms on a Tyrant means you get less use out of it's alien space-brain powers.

One set of pewpew arms and one set of assault arms gives you the flexibility to break faces, shoot things, or kill or cripple with mindbullets.
Umm, they don't *have* to fire.
More guns=more flexibility, but less point efficiency. :)

·
Registered
860 Posts
Yeah I believe you can only replace the LW&BS with dual deathspitters, dual devourers, or scything talons. You can replace any ONE set of scything talons for a Stranglethron Cannon or a Heavy Venom Cannon. Unlike in the last codex where you could get 2 Venom Cannons, 2 Barbed Stranglers, or a combo of both.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts