Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My monthly model purchase this fine June has been a Hive Tyrant and before I assemble him I need to know; what is a good loadout for a Hive Tyrant?

I am set on giving him wings and making a Flyrant, but I am unsure what weapons would be good for it. Boneswords/Lash, Venom Cannon or Scything Talons? Or something else?

All recommendations are welcome.

LotN

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
A pair of twin-linked brain leech devourers on a winged Hive Tyrant strikes fear into the hearts of players everywhere. Most Nid players I know run more than one of them, they're so darn efficient.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
A pair of twin-linked brain leech devourers on a winged Hive Tyrant strikes fear into the hearts of players everywhere. Most Nid players I know run more than one of them, they're so darn efficient.
Interesting. Is there a melee loadout just as feared??

Edit: According to the net the HT kit does not come with Devourers at all, would I have to buy a Fex to make this loadout?

LotN

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I've seen players slap two devourers together in some pretty creative conversions, but... yeah, it's not an easy piece of kit to lay ones hands on. Especially since it's a solid loadout on Carnifexes as well (albeit slower and lower BS--still, a block of 3 Dakkafexxes can mess. up. your. day.)

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Two sets of brainleech devourers on a tyrant is so efficient it's borderline git. And if you're running two of them I don't respect your ability to play the game.

I personally run one set of brainleech devourers and a set of rending claws. Partially because it is less git but also because it makes him slightly better at cracking tanks in cc without resorting to smash. But mostly because I don't want to be a git. :p

And yes, the two brainleech devourers only come in the carnifex kit. Buy the fex, load it out with the two deathspitters and the heavy venom cannon and use it to take potshots at tanks or elite infantry. The venom cannon's ap sucks, but you can instant kill an ork nob or two if you're lucky, and meganobz and centurions if your opponent is not. It's also pretty decent to shoot vehicles with and since it's blast, the fex's bs doesnt really matter so much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts