Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is my first Nid army, I wanted to start a Xenos army as I am sick of playing with Necrons in 5th Ed, they suck. I have A Death Guard army and a Space Wolves army that is in progress right now. I will start a Project log thread on them when my Thunder Wolves come.

The main reason I choose nids is I really wanted the chance to paint a super heavy and I wanted a real Apoc size force that I can keep building on. It was a toss up between Orks and Nids as I liked the Gargantuan Squiggoth, but the Hierophant just edges it for me.

So prepare for Hive Fleet Genocide (Might change the name at a later date.)

What I will be modelling/painting soon

Tyranid Hierophant Bio-Titan (Ordered)

Forgeworld Winged Hive Tyrant (ordered)

GW Tyranid Battle Force (Got)

GW Trygon/Mawloc
GW Biovore x2
GW Venomthrope } Getting in near future
GW Zoanthrope x3
GW Hive Guard

Looking forward to starting this, any Nid players care to share some tips please feel free as I know I've got a big job ahead of me and any advice will help.

I'm still wondering how to create the Doom of malantai and tyronnofex's

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Why not change the hive fleet name to Hive fleet Formidionis or Formido. Both mean dread in Latin.

As for tips I have none since I do not play nids that much. Look forward to any developments though.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hive guard work better in groups of 3. Venom as I have come to hear, aren't really worth the elite slot. I don't know about Apoc but you got no troops. Some gargoyles would be nice for your Winged Tyr. More tyrgons. Or drop them for heradoules, barbed and scyth.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got troops with the battleforce, I want an Apoc size force but I definitely want to build a competitive army list also for smaller games.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Pictures, we need pictures!but if its just a list, it goes in the army list section
Pictures please, it looks promising.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pictures will be up soon don't worry, my computer has died on me so it might be a few days. I'm using my phone at the min its a nightmare.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts