Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new eldar player and I am getting pretty good with Shining spears because I love hit and run.

My question is, if I kill the until I am charging, vehicle or troop and I kill them all, am I still able to move 3d6, or am I able to only move the 1d6 to consolidate?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So does that mean if I attack a vehicle and don't destroy it I am not able to hit and run unless it has a WS?

And I suppose I should ask another question, If my Autarch is in a squad with Shining spears and The exarch has hit and run, does the Autarch get hit and run as well? I am having trouble interpreting the rule from the book.

·
Registered
16 Posts
It is often interpreted that you must be locked in combat with a unit before you can "hit and run" - thus a vehicle with no WS or a massacred unit, cannot be disengaged from by "hit and run", as neither can lock you (one of the pre-reqs for the ability).

The Withdraw special ability is granted by the Exarch, not the base unit. If it was the base unit, then no, the Autarch would not inherit that ability (not stated it would in the "hit and run" rules, unlike the Fearless rules). But the Withdraw is a facit of the Exarch, and his unit gets the special rule. Kill the Exarch, lose the ability.

Just my thoughts.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
As you can never "lock" a vehicle without a WS into Close Combat you are ineligible to make use of the Hit and Run special skill.

Per the last paragraph on page 71 the vehicle is never locked in combat.. per page 74 rules for Hit and Run you are "leaving" combat and since you are never locked then you can never leave.

I dont know about the Eldar rule so Im not speaking on that but from the sounds of it Accommodater is correct in his interpretations.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I reread the hit and run rule and ya I am not able to hit and run if i am not locked in combat with a unit or vehicle that has a WS. But I am still confused on adding an Autarch to the squad, Like accomodator said the exarch grants the power so whoever he is leading would get it, it is not a squad specific rule. I am going to read this a few more times.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Ok after reading over the Eldar codex the answer to your question is yes the Autarch while joined to the squad would gain Hit and Run as well.

As long as the Exarch is alive the squad and any characters joined to it may use Hit and Run. The key here is that the Exarch gives it to the squad... hes guiding them telling them when to attack and when to pull back. Anytime a character confers an ability to a squad it is conferred upon any attaching characters unless specifically stated otherwise as the character joining the unit essentially becomes part of the unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts