Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
@gabby: How is someone who has endured soul-wrenching agony for 10,000 years simply for mankind's sake asinine?

lol. So you know for a FACT that the Emperor is enduring this for humanity? Who knows what this man's motivation are. With the characterization that's happened this guy could literally be capable of some cold blooded machinations. Who knows. With the stories that have come out so far who knows where this is going.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
lol. So you know for a FACT that the Emperor is enduring this for humanity? Who knows what this man's motivation are. With the characterization that's happened this guy could literally be capable of some cold blooded machinations. Who knows. With the stories that have come out so far who knows where this is going.
What we know is that he wanted to rid humans of dependance on the warp. Thus starving chaos.

Now if he wants to do this for the good of humanity or for himself is up for debate.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I do love how, once you have read all there is to read on the Emporer's History prior to the Great Crusade, he balanced Ruthlessness with Compassion. One moment he is willing to be the witty philosopher and engage with the mind to bring people into the fold, and the next he brings his Warriors to annihilate those who stand in front of him.

Such an interesting personality. Dan Abnett should write a book on him; I think he'd do a good job.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I do love how, once you have read all there is to read on the Emporer's History prior to the Great Crusade, he balanced Ruthlessness with Compassion. One moment he is willing to be the witty philosopher and engage with the mind to bring people into the fold, and the next he brings his Warriors to annihilate those who stand in front of him.

Such an interesting personality. Dan Abnett should write a book on him; I think he'd do a good job.
Perhaps youve not heard? ADB have Master of Mankind in the pipeline. Many is expecting it to be the definite book on the Emperor.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think it's wrong to necessarily picture the Emperor always as some big shot dude.

Even a humble beggar, with the right intellect and capabilities, can alter history more than Napoleon.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Even a humble beggar, with the right intellect and capabilities, can alter history more than Napoleon.
Every soldier carries a Marshal's baton in his knapsack :)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts