Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a 1k list that I composed as a bit of a thought-experiment now that my whole army is painted(!), and am now wondering if it might actually fly.

Foot slogging sisters are highly vulnerable, but, bluntly, at 1'000 points how many armies have the sheer weight of fire to gun down 51 power-armoured fanatics?

The Canonness will join squad 1 and try to make up for their lack of a meltagun (I only have 4).

Canonness (Blessed Weapon, Inferno Pistol, Cloak of St. Aspira, Mantle of Ophelia)
:125

Battle Sister Squad 1
VSS (Plasma Pistol, Eviscerator)
9 Battle Sisters (Heavy Flamer, Flamer)
:186

Battle Sister Squad 2
VSS (Bolt Pistol, Eviscerator, Book of St. Lucius)
9 Battle Sisters (Heavy Flamer, Meltagun)
:176

Battle Sister Squad 3
VSS (Combi-Plasmagun, Power Sword, Book of St. Lucius, Meltabombs)
:181

Battle Sister Squad 4
VSS (Combi-Flamer, Meltabombs, Book of St. Lucius)
:166

Battle Sister Squad 5
VSS (Combi-Flamer, Meltabombs, Book of St. Lucius)
9 Battle Sisters (Heavy Flamer, meltagun)
:166

Total: 1'000 points

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Not sure how well this will work. You have a lot of units but they are slow and small. Footslogging sisters are usually in larger units. With the fact you have no long range shooting, most units will sit and wait for you to come to them as they shoot up your lines. It might be hard to weather that storm without forcing them to come towards you.

I might consider dropping some of the combi flamers and plasma pistols. Drop one squad. That should give you enough points to get two rhinos and make one squad of 15. The squad of 15 should survive longer and the rhinos can drive up faster and provide cover as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts