Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I've just started warhammer 40k and was wondering about highlighting. This is my 3rd DA Assault Marine, so is the highlighting good or? Also the model is no where near done, only the arm.

All Feedback is appreciated! :)
Cheers,
Chris.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The arm looks good and will I think stand out well on the tabletop.

I would however remove the mould line on the helmet with a sharp scalpel and files, and I would do this before priming (and on some components before assembly).

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Thats really good mate, highlighting is something I hate doing and its something I'm really not strong at. If thats your 3rd marine you are doing amazingly well, your lines are straight and you've also got multiple tones in there. Only thing I would say is, like the others, get that mould line outa there!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats really good mate, highlighting is something I hate doing and its something I'm really not strong at. If thats your 3rd marine you are doing amazingly well, your lines are straight and you've also got multiple tones in there. Only thing I would say is, like the others, get that mould line outa there!
Wow thanks alot for the kind words! Yeah I'll definitely do that from now on in!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My lowd! 3rd one and you got highlights!? mine consisted of heavy paint. very nice Almost glowing highlights, im interested to see it finished!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tidy work.

The highlights are a touch stark at the moment; a green glaze (or wash) over the whole area would unify them more. Obviously not on this one because you have put the transfers on.
Alright thanks for the feedback! Usually the wash I used to use made the overall armour seem to dark so I stopped.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Its good, my only niggle is the engines on the back the red/orange seems alittle messy. Maybe highlight some yellow into it.

Well done :)

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts
plasma pistol looks good,but the red needs a little orange to mak it pop, sadly though you have gone overboard with the green highlights,
when highlighting such a dark colour less is definitely more, first step think about why your highlighting the armour? because light is hitting it, but if light is hitting it i cant hit every surface,so every edge cannot have a highlight equally.

To make it easy for you i will say literally half the amount of highlights you did on this model, keep the highlights that very prominent, like edges of shoulder pads,brow of his helmet,top edge of fingers, but drop any highlight that is at the bottom of a bit of armour or below something else, for example his cod piece and the flare bit of his boots.

also dont be afraid to paint in some shade, this can make the highlight work better as the contrast is stronger,get some black in the armour joints etc.

i cant knock your progress though, you are really doing great.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is exceptional for your 3rd marine. One thing that bugs me though is that the highlights on the arm look a lot cleaner and "thinner" than the others on the model, especially on the legs etc. the highlights seem a little thick and to much. Still this is much much better then any of my first 20 or so models :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts