Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been toying around with ideas for my Ogre Kingdoms, and I got really enthused about making them a parody of the Blackwatch. I've found tutorials for tartan, I can greenstuff bagpipes and bonnets, but I need to know how to do Highland bases:

I think using two or three different kinds of static grass would be good (GW Dead Grass + normal Grass), but I don't know what to use as a paint for the bases underneath the flock.

Also; how would one go about painting the huge horns on the sides of the Ironblaster? It's the only bit of the model I'm really stuck with.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
It appears to be a pale sandy colour along the path, but that is not what you imagine when you envisage highlands. I would go with rocky terrain,sticking out of you grassy areas. It will look more rugged.

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
It appears to be a pale sandy colour along the path, but that is not what you imagine when you envisage highlands.
The sand is actually the same hue as the rock; however, because there are so many edges in sand compared to big rocks, light reflection makes it look paler.

·
Registered
821 Posts
>> And remember to have some Haggis on the rocky parts, which must have the frtont and rear left legs slightly shorter than the right.:grin:

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMAG0279.jpg

IMAG0285.jpg

IMAG0286.jpg

Needs heather, but that's how it's coming out. Not really highland, but I think it still looks good and it's really easy. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts