Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

High Elves Plog- Caledor Warhost- Restoration of the colonies

5K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  LokiDeathclaw 
#1 ·
So with the purchase of the Island of Blood box set I have decided to take the plunge into fantasy! It was always going to be with the High Elves!

I decided to go with a Caledor themed army, mainly because I decided to use various green shades as the colour scheme. The main consideration whilst selecting a a colour scheme was that I wanted to avoid white at all costs and make the Elves a bit more grittier! As I imagined they would have been, prior to the Sundering, fighting in the colonies.

My main inspiration for the army came after reading the "Sundering" trilogy. I decided that my host will be led by a noble keen to be away from Ulthuan after spending a large amount of time fighting in the Blighted Isles. On the advice of his friend (a mage) he was encouraged to invade and settle a patch of land in the Norsca region. The winds of magic blow strong here, dramatically increasing the birth rate of the Elves. Determined to hold this land and fueled by the Elves previous history of Empire the noble (name needed!) has gathered a small and battle hardened force of veterans in his new city (name needed).

That's all I have at the moment! Here's the first of my models:

Silver Shields (Lothren Sea Guard):

See less See more
#4 ·
After an extremely busy month or so I have finally managed to finish two more Sea Guard! May not sound like much but due to work and real life that's the best I could do!!!

And here is the regiment so far.......

Next up is the last spearman and standard bearer, followed by the Captain and musician.

#11 ·
These look really awesome. Love the "crisp" look on them. Very ocean'y.
As for a name, just do what I do, see what you're drinking/eating/playing/looking at and then change, or add, a few letters.

My old Vampire Counts Lord Sepiax came from me sat there with a pepsi max in my hand.
And my current name (firstcape) came while drinking a bottle of the stuff. Although there were no letter changes in that one... I attribute that to being a bit drunk. Just a suggestion for random names at least you know won't ever be used again!

#18 ·
Thanks! Now i have to do a few test models for my archers, I'm thinking of keeping them dark green? I image them blending into the woods/forest.......

Woop. One down. They look good all together. Who's next then? Swordmasters?
You got it! Swordmasters up next! Before that I'm going to give my SW's a little love!

#22 ·
So despite the 9th Ed rumours floating about I decided to complete the purchases for my HE's. So I finally purchased a copy of the HE codex and a box of Silver Helms! So if 9th is a complete mess I can play 8th instead! Unfortunately I haven't had much time to paint any HE's as I have been focused on my SW's but I will have an update soon! Hopefully!

So as it stands I have:

HE Prince and Battle Standard
32 x Spearmen
1 x Bolt thrower
16 x Archers
5 x Dragon Princes
8 x Silver Helms
1 x Mage
10 x Lothren Sea guard
10 x Swordmasters
5 x Ellyrian Reavers
2 x Nobles on Griffons
1 x Chariot

I think thats it......should be a pretty balanced force, but I do like fluffy lists so I'm not too concerned!

#24 ·
Man I love the new swordmaster models. You've done a great job there, the silver armour looks really burnished and the varied greens look very good with it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.